Guest rearranging furniture

Robyn92
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Guest rearranging furniture

I have guests at the moment who have removed the shelving at the top of the wardrobe  and all the blankets and bed linen that was stored up there is now on the floor. They have moved my 2 (new) bedside tables and put the shelve on them to make some sort of table. I don't want food on the shelving, and don't want my tables marked. My rules are no eating in the bedrooms but no one takes any notice of my house rules.

I was horrifed to think people would even do that, They are here for a month.

5 Replies 5
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Time for a call to AirBnB to evict for breaking house rules methinks! 

Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

@Robyn92,

March in there and firmly explain no eating in the room or rearranging your furniture. Welcome them to eat in the dining room. Hosts here  always regret letting guests break rules.

Brigitte255
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

A guest who stayed for 20 days has just checked out and left the appartment so that I hardly recognized it. Everything was rearranged, even the books were put in different positions, all rugs and carpets had found new places, lamps and plants now lived in different room .... even the sofa had been dragged to another place -- leaving scratch marks on the floor

It felt like a nightmare where you find yourself in a strangely distorted world.

When I called the lady, she said -..... Ich wollte Dir eine Freude machen ..... "I thought you would be pleased"

How overbearing can you be? Such bad manners!

Would you do that to a friend´s place? Just bcause does that mean you can do that?

Fiona559
Level 1
Port Orchard, WA

I've just started managing on my own after 2 years under full service management...after 2 months, I've just learned from my housekeeper that every guest has moved some or all of the furniture.  The first thought of course is why not be polite in someone's home and leave it as you found it..second concern is that one gal has to move it all back herself. How can I phrase this in House Rules and can there be an extra charge tacked on post check out?

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Robyn92 that is weird and very rude - clean blankets on the floor?