Guest reviews

Pat88
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

Guest reviews

Is anyone else having difficulties with Airbnb not removing unfair, slanderous reviews made by guests that are unhappy with pricing after their visit. my guests are always satisfied with the house but do not want to pay a 50 dollar dog cleaning fee..my nightly rates are very affordable,,it's the pet fee that they don't like.

1 Reply 1
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Pat88 

No guest likes paying anything. Your fees are clear to read and your guests are free to book elsewhere if they don't want to pay for that service.

Despite all the information already being readily available prior to booking, what I would do is this; After your guests' initial booking, send them a booking email pointing out the possible objections they might have in booking your place and point out the opportunity to re-read the Terms and Conditions and House Rules of their contract for them to satisfy their choice of your accommodation. This ensures that they have read all the information and gives them the opportunity to cancel their booking for free within 48 hours. They won't cancel, and you will have evidently pointed out any potential areas of disagreement and concluded that the guests are further happy with your terms. If you do have some disagreement then you have evidence of your conversation in your message trail which Airbnb can help use in their judgement.

Some friends turned up at our house and one arrived with a short haired dog 'that doesn't shed'. For weeks later we were still cleaning hairs off furniture and sofas.

Alternatively, if you find you are regularly getting dog owners staying, increase your fees to accommodate the extra $50 cleaning fee.