Guest ruined new pillow set - how much to claim?

Kim671
Level 2
North Kingstown, RI

Guest ruined new pillow set - how much to claim?

Would appreciate feedback from other hosts on this one. We just bought a brand new King size quilted coverlet and matching pillowcases for our AirBnB room less than a month ago. We discovered after our last guests departed that they spilled coffee all over one of the decorative pillowcases. I've stain treated it three times now and washed twice - no luck removing the stains. We can't just replace the pillowcases as they come in a full bedset and can't be purchased separately, which means we have to purchase an entirely new bedset now - not to mention that they wiped makeup all over our towels and somehow the bath mat. Should I charge them for the new bedset since they have caused enough damage that I have to order an entirely new one and we JUST bought this? Thanks for advice!

2 Replies 2

@Kim671:
I would charge for the new bed set since it has to be purchased as a set, towels and rug if the stains cannot be removed from each item. Be prepared to provide evidence- pictures of the receipts for each item to prove that they are new as well as pictures of each damaged item. You can also provide links to a web-store for each item to verify price.  We have found that claims have the best chance of winning when you write the claim presenting only facts with no emotion or accusations and have verifiable proof of cost.

Reminder that the claim has to be entered into the resolution center either within two weeks from guest departure or before the next guest arrives.

Thanks, this is very helpful. I have pictures and link to where I have to re-purchase - appreciate you taking the time to respond.