Guest sends me the same message twice after 10 days

Michaela97
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Guest sends me the same message twice after 10 days

Hi guys, I am new to hosting and I have a question if you maybe stumbled upon something like this or maybe have a similar experience. Anyways, so about 10 days ago a guest made a reservation of my apartment and send me a message in Spanish which I don't speak (so I used google translator) anyways he was writing that he and his family (said that he has children and wife and their ages) are from Argentina and want to stay in our apartment for those three days they reserved. I wrote them back that I don't speak Spanish, but I translated it through google and that I am looking forward to their visit. Now today (after about 10 days) I get a message that is essentially the same again in Spanish with the exception being that it's all caps, says that they are thankful we rented them our department (thats what they said) and then it went back to who they are, how old are they, etc and that they will arrive on said time. The user is verified and has 2 good reviews. Could this be a spam or something like that? 

5 Replies 5
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Michaela97 Doesn't sound like spam, but if it were me, I would still call ABB. They have more information on guests than we hosts are allowed to have, and if they see a red flag they can take action to assist. They can also reassure you that everything looks okay, if it is. 

Thanks, I'll do that!

@Michaela97

It does not sound like spam. Your guests are coming from the other side of the world and dealing with a clear language problem.

Google Translate is far from perfect and at times can make communication worse,rather than better. I speak Spanish and some of the translations are indeed a laugh. 

With your communication write small sentences and with basic language...Google Translates them better than sentences with complicated grammar or word structures. It may read somewhat simplistic but the idea is to be understood and friendly.

Reassure them that everything will be ready for them and you will indeed be there to meet them etc

Here is a guide to Prague in Spanish you could maybe attach ...there are others via Google

https://www.prague.eu/file/edee/universal/download/brozury/praha-do-kapsy-2017/es.pdf

Thanks! This will be very helpful!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michaela97   Doesn't sound like Spam. And the word for apartment in Spanish is "departamento".