Guest - showers and unhappy guest

Sarah2055
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Guest - showers and unhappy guest

Hi there!

We have a guest staying at the moment who is having 2 showers a day, about 20-30mins each. We have a hot water tank that can do 50mins - hour a day and now there is no hot water left for anyone else in the house. Yesterday she was talking on the phone with the shower running on full...

I also overheard her saying she found my husband and I 'weird' and the place dirty. We've hosted lots of people and had great reviews! Now I just feel quite awkard...she's booked in for another week. Would people have a chat to her to just say 'Just checking in are you comfortable here and it's fine if you would like to find another place' or just wait it out a week?

This has completely put us off hosting...I have been getting up every morning and wiping down everything and I know I have a clean home. Feel quite confused!

Thanks

Sarah

15 Replies 15
Maya358
Level 2
Abbotsford, Canada

I had a young lady who loved long showers. After two and half hours of being in the shower, I went and turned the hot water heater off. (If I did not, she would be still there. 🙂 )

Another guest, had long shower so hot that the water condensation run down the walls, through the floor and flooded my room bellow. 

Just to let you know that some people can make you feel like it is not worth it. 

On the other hand, I get to meet amazing people and am making new friends. 🙂