Guest stayed 5 days and did not pay!

Answered!
Alain3
Level 3
Choisel, France

Guest stayed 5 days and did not pay!

Hi,

A guy called Jeremy *** is supposed to have 394 Facebook Friends. He asked me to host one of his friends, named Carlos, for a week. I accepted.

Carlos asked to pay by bank transfer, and told us it would take a bit of time because his bank was in Spain.

After 5 nights, Carlos stole away without paying.

I would like to find Jeremy on Facebook, to see if Carlos is one of his Facebook friends. I know I can forget about the money, but I would like at least to be able to tell Carlos exactly what I think about him.

But there is no link to Jeremy's Facebook page, it just says he has 394 friends.

How can I find this link, please?

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alain3,

Good to meet you, welcome to the Community Center. Just to introduce myself I am the Online Community Manager here, I look after the English speaking area. It is great to see that you have started this thread and have asked your fellow hosts for their thoughts on this.

I hope you don't mind, but I have removed the link you included above as you are specifically refering personally to an individual, I would recommend in the Center to express in more general terms.

You have received a few responses on your situation here which hopeful you will find helpful, especially for future bookings - which is great. Do feel free to continue this discussion further. 

Thank you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11

@Alain you play out off Airbnb and you loose. If it's only 5 days rental amount off you're very lucky. Main airbnb rules are only payments through the site and no thirdbooking. See you on the french community if you need more details. Cordialement

@Anonymous

Le compte est désactivé.
Par lui ou airbnb?

Bonjour @Nathalie, aucune idée. Je suis en train de finir mon ménage pour mes voyageurs qui arrivent à 19h. J'essaierai de voir ça ce soir.

@Alain3

+1 avec @Anonymous

vous avez fait tout ce qui interdit sur airbnb :

1/ accepter une demande de réservation pour un tiers.
La personne qui réserve doit faire partie du groupe qui réside.

2/ vous faire payer hors airbnb.

Que cela vous serve de leçon.

Si on veut passer hors airbnb ou sejourning (le airbnb francais), on met son annonce sur leboncoin et on fait de la location touristique traditionnelle avec contrat de location signé par le locataire résident , copie de piece d'identite, chèque de caution et paiement avant l'entrée dans les lieux (et même ca , vous ne l'avez pas fait).

C'est une bonne lecon. 

Je serai curieuse de savoir comment ils ont eu vos coordonnées sans avoir réservé.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alain3,

Good to meet you, welcome to the Community Center. Just to introduce myself I am the Online Community Manager here, I look after the English speaking area. It is great to see that you have started this thread and have asked your fellow hosts for their thoughts on this.

I hope you don't mind, but I have removed the link you included above as you are specifically refering personally to an individual, I would recommend in the Center to express in more general terms.

You have received a few responses on your situation here which hopeful you will find helpful, especially for future bookings - which is great. Do feel free to continue this discussion further. 

Thank you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you all, and Lizzie in particular, because you spoke English and were friendly. Unfortunately, my French is rather insufficient.

Sorry for not talking in general terms, I'll be more careful next time.

Jeremy has been most helpful and I got paid.

Sarah154
Level 1
Nutley, NJ

My host chek out was today and  told me he is going to extend his stay. he didn't make the reservation.and how can I collect my money? also, he has a lof damaged and I did not! know I should claim in 48 hours before his check out. how  can I get the security deposit??

Veronica27
Level 2
New York, NY

HELLO I HAVE A GUEST WHO IS REQUESTING TO CHANGE HIS RESERVATION FROM 10 NIGHTS TO 5 NIGHT.  HE SEND ME A REQUEST TO CHANGE AND I COULD EITHER DECLINED OR APPROVE.  MY CONCERN, IS WHO IS GOING TO PAID FOR AIRBN FEES, ALSO I HAVE INCURRED IN SOME EXPENCES.  WHEN DO I HAVE TO REINVERSED THE DIFFERENT TO THE GUESS SINCE I WAS PAID BY AIRBNB.  ALSO HE IS USING MY CALENDAR FOR 10 DAYS AND I LOST OTHER RESERVATION.  I LIKE TO DO THE WRITE THING BUT THIS IS MY FIRST SITUATION AS I AM VERY NEW HOSTING   WILL APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT. 

bonjour @Veronica27

Your conditions of cancellation are flexible. Thus the traveler will have the nights undone repaid when doing a request of cancellation or modification.

If you already got the money, Airbnb will hold the difference on your next rent.

If the flexible cancellation policy does not suit to you, you can change for a moderate or strict policy.

The flexible cancellation policy is fine for the travelers who are unsure of their dates. And who may have to leave before the end date.

Michelle254
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

A couple stayed at my house, all through airbnb, yet did a runner after a night and now their status appears as "not possible."  They did a runner before getting caught on changing their thing, and there must have been a glitch with airbnb as it was all through airbnb. I do not know their fb, anything, and now cannot see their number or complain to airbnb as they do not appear to have been a guest? How do I get in touch with airbnb about this glitch ?!?!?!