Guest staying without paying

MikeandTina0
Level 2
Redmond, WA

Guest staying without paying

I am having a horrible experience, checkout date is past and guest is still in the property.

I have tried to call Airbnb so many times, I can reach to the person handling the case.

she occasionally send me same email saying she tried to call laying in email 

Not providing any resolution or guidance for next steps.

What are my options here? 
guest refuse to leave 

21 Replies 21
Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@MikeandTina0     Oh wow you must be having terrible stress. I hope this will get resolved very soon.   I had two Ukrainians here who refused to checkout because they wanted to stay three more nights.  They were trying to make me accept cash which I wouldn't accept.  But the main problem was that a young German couple with a booking was on the way from the airport and somehow I had to get the room ready.  Finally I banged on the door and told them that the local police were on the way to evict them.  That made them jump out of bed and checkout.  I tried to say goodbye to them as they were going out the door. But they just replied 'F--K You'  It was a shocking experience for me so I know exactly what you're going through there.  Please let me know what happens.

Lots of good wishes from Anthony

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@MikeandTina0 I would talk to the bailiffs in your area. They will know the law in your state and, if legal, happy for you to pay them to remove the guests.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@MikeandTina0 , there is more to this story than you wrote, its hard to suggest a useful solution without more info but first, if you are in fear your place is being damaged or you will be hurt, call the police and have them removed.  If you have bookings that will conflict with their ask, do the same, call the police and have them removed.   If your not booked and our not worried they will be trouble, send them a request for money through the details window and make sure it includes your highest nightly $$$ rate for included dates and see if they pay.  Just my thoughts, JR

Guest is just staying without paying, no damage and we have covid restrictions in place.

@MikeandTina0 , send him a request for payment through the Message system and if he wont pay call the police and have them removed before they get ensconced.  Stay well, JT

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@MikeandTina0, I agree with @Melodie-And-John0 suggestions. Awful that the airbnb CS is no help. Good luck and stay safe.

MikeandTina0
Level 2
Redmond, WA

They never called me, its been few days just trying to avoid and totally lying here

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mike&Tina,

We just attempt to call you but fail to reach you.

Please note that this case just in the mid of the investigation, if there is any update, we will immediate update with you the next step. May I know have you been contact the guest of this incident? What did the guest response?

@MikeandTina0  Practically speaking, what do you expect Airbnb CS to do here? Come in and remove these people for you? The booking is expired and the guest is no longer a guest, they are trespassing. It's now up to you to remove them. The longer you wait and let them stay, the worse this gets for you. Treat them now as you would anyone trespassing in/unlawfully occupying your property. 

True words @Colleen253 !

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@MikeandTina0  Sorry this is happening to you, and as others have said, you can't wait for Airbnb to do something, this is a situation you have to deal with yourself.

But what do you mean, you have COVID restrictions in place? You are renting out rooms in a hostel type listing where guests all share the kitchen and bathrooms and you have reviews saying the place is dirty. And from the dates on the reviews, you've been renting this virus- spreading situation all through this pandemic. 

@Sarah977  So much for that "Enhanced Cleaning Protocol." What a joke.

@Anonymous , 'zactly what I said when they concocted it, there is no way to ensure all are doing the same thing or even anything.  It will be the guest who pays for the lie not Airbnb.   Stay well, JR

Good pick up @Sarah977 , that doesn't change the thing that @MikeandTina0 (with no real profile picture) are experiencing but it probably causes the quality of those that would stay their to become more questionable.  Sounds like a re-think of the business plan is in order.  JR

Indeed, @Sarah977 Given the mostly dismal ratings at @MikeandTina0 's properties, I'm surprised that anyone would stay and pay, let alone extend a stay. I'm amazed that anyone would have listings like this active during this pandemic (and actually, in "normal" times too.) Shaking my head. So irresponsible.