Guest used my property to pack weed for distribution

Miguel326
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Guest used my property to pack weed for distribution

Hello, I live in West Hollywood, CA. were airbnb has a lot of issues and they just recently approve hosts to have guest in a shared space, however i rent mine when im on vacation, i happened to rent mine last weekend and the guest used my property to pack weed, in commercial quantities, i report it to airbnb and they act like stupids and say they cant do anything, im scared of going to the police because if this people are involved in drug trafficking they are dangerous. Also my place was damaged since everything smells like weed, they check out in a rush because my landlord came to fix the toilet, which the guy knew prior his arrival, my landlord saw them carrying plenty of mailo boxes and envelopes (probably filled with marihuana); they also left lots of weed leftovers on the floor and my dog ate some before we realized, they left a candle burning to try to cover the smell. Airbnb is doing nothing about it, I didnt want to get the police involved because i am afraid but i am also very upset of the way airbnb acts, they have zero support towards us, they however profit by putting us in danger. Now I see the reason why Airbnb was banned in west hollywood, and next council meeting regardings this issue i will bring my experience, this is a very delicate issue and if it reaches the media we will see then if airbnb cares or not.

18 Replies 18
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

What would you want Airbnb to do?

First of all replace the things damage and send someone to clean, and provides support in what to do in this case so I can feel safer in my apartment. 

Have you watched narcos or any drug related news on how this organization operates and how they retaliate?

@Miguel326 File a police report, take photos, get an invoice for cleaning and any damage repairs and make a claim against Airbnb's Host Policy. 

I think @Miguel326 has gone, account deleted but scary that a Host does not realise that they are running a business and what AirBnB is and is not.

David
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Miguel326 Call the Police about what exactly?

News Flash! Marijuana is legal in California as of 2018.

Shame on them for not leaving you an eighth of some of that OG Kush! 

Was the dog feeling crucial though? 

Heres a great YouTube that explains exactly what went on here and who the suspects are:

https://youtu.be/zAlEE_1_fE8

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Of course I know it’s legal, but do you have the remote clue of how the legal system in this country works, let me break it down for you, NEWS FLASH! there are diferent type of levels and jurisdictions, in this case the federal law supersede the state or local laws, and to be more precise to pack marihuana in big quantities is a federal crime, even if it’s legal to purchase, sell and smoke there are certain regulations. Also my property rules state no smoking allowed. Not to be a bitch but I hope your next guest leave some in your place and that kid in your picture gets High AF that would be some news flash for me me LOL

You mad? @Miguel326 LOL

Miguel326
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Super,  ignorant people upset me so much. I love it tho! 😂 

<ZZZZZ@ OOOOOo 

@Miguel326 I hope he finds some weed too. He’s very hyper. Bwahaha! 

I bet his used to it, did he love it since he was in womb or acquired the taste after? 

Miguel326
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I hope you learned with this lesson, I’m sure you did! the first one is free. I  love helping people overcome ignorance 😄

8701428D-0085-4E11-B47C-719974C15091.jpeg

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Miguel326

If you don't want to involve the police then you don't have a leg to stand on - AIrBnB is not a police force, they dont; investigate crimes. You need a police report, invoices for cleaning fees etc to make a claim against the Host Insurance

I don’t want to escalate this until I have to. I reach out to Airbnb first, no solution and no support. I never had an issue before but that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to act not didn’t prevent.