Guest used wrong account (girlfriends account) booked two weeks ago, arriving in 5 days

Casey6
Level 1
Denver, CO

Guest used wrong account (girlfriends account) booked two weeks ago, arriving in 5 days

I have a guest who booked and now let me know they accidently booked with the wrong account, can we change the reservation to the correct account. (obviously don't want to cancel their stay and rebook, as canceling hurts my record)

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Casey6 I would suggest you or the guest contact Airbnb to get this straightened out so that neither party has penalties!

Kim397
Level 1
Orlando, FL

Can someone help me? It's a simple question that I can't seem to find an answer nor help from anyone. 

I booked a room on Airbnb for my travel on January 28 -January 30, 2018 in ATL. I didn't realize but I was logged into my boyfreind's account and not my own. I stated that the travel was a business trip when given the option and paid for the reservation under my business credit card. 

How do I change the reservation to reflect my name? My host says I need to resolve this with Airbnb, because of liability reasons?  But there isn't a number to call and I'm very frustrated.  I read that you can't book personal travel for a 3rd party, but can do so for business? 

Helppp. 

Thank you in advance! 

There isn't a number to call. It takes me to a general questions page.