Guest w/a guinea pig

Leiloni0
Level 4
San Diego, CA

Guest w/a guinea pig

Hi Everyone,

inhave a guest who sent a reservation request asking if I would take her with a guinea pig. The guest just joined Air BNB and has no reviews. 

I have a no pets policy but dogs was what I had in mind when I set that rule. This reservation is for 22 days. 

I’ve never had a guinea pig and need some guidance on whether or not to accept the reservation. 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

24 Replies 24

❤️❤️❤️ @Mike-And-Helen0!

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

Love all the pictures, so cute!

Anyway, I had a guinea pig growing up and they are very low maintenance and quiet pets. They naturally groom themselves and are very tidy.  As long as the owner keeps their cage clean, there shouldn't be any smell. As someone else mentioned, just be clear about where the owner can clean the cage or dispose of the contents (Hay, sawdust, waste,  etc.)  Also be clear upfront if you want to impose rules about the guinea pig being out of the cage or on the furniture/floors.  

Hope everything goes well. 😃

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya, 

Shout out to @Mike-And-Helen0 for starting my Monday morning with some fluff balls! 

Never heard of someone needing to bring their guinea pig on holidays but I suppose it's always the hosts prerogative on which, if any, pets they let thought the door!

Thanks 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Linda-And-Greg0
Level 3
Castro Valley, CA

Another thing to consider is allergies of future guests. We’ve had guinea pigs and also family members who are allergic 

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

A real delicacy in Peru.  Maybe there are going to have a lunch to go!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jeremy100 ooh you horrid boy.

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I know - sorry 😐 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

""I'll be bringing my emotional support capybara""I'll be bringing my emotional support capybara"

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooh, @Sarah977 I'll take 2!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Sarah977 too gorgeous.