Guest wants to pay early

Guest wants to pay early

Hello,

A guest has booked 2 weeks in January but wants to pay now (mid November). Is there any way this can be done? What is the timing for guest payments?

Thanks,

Megan

8 Replies 8
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Megan349, the payment is collected from the guest as soon as the booking is confirmed. If your guest checks their bank transactions, they should see that the payment has already gone through. However, you won't receive the payment until 24 hours after the guest has checked in.

Thanks for your answer Kath, when I tried 'Request Money' to see if there was a way to ask for early payment, it said 'this reservation is not paid in full' that is why I thought they hadn't paid in full yet. I have seen on other comments that guests can request to pay in 'instalments'. I will ask the guests to check if they have paid in full.

The guest was advised they were given a 50/50 option to pay the balance in December but she would prefer to pay now. Can this be done?

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Megan349, going through the 'request money' link won't help because it's not really applicable to the payment for the accommodation - this is a separate link for when you need to request additional money for some reason (e.g. damaged items).

Anyway, I don't really know anything about the 50/50 option or installments - my understanding is that the guest pays as soon as the booking is confirmed. My advice would be to just explain to the guest that you have no control over how payments are handled and for them to contact Airbnb if they are so worried about it. It's not really your problem.

thanks Kath, I have suggested she check her emails from Air Bnb but once a payment method is confirmed it can't be changed. Hopefully she understands. Thanks for your assistance

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

If they chose the 50/50 option Airbnb will automatically collect the balance 14 days before check in. My client had a similar issue and we were advised that the system does it automatically.

Advice your client to make sure their card is funded during that time because if payment fails to go through the booking is automatically cancelled.

Samson10
Level 5
Victoria, Australia

To pay in advance, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Trip overview
2. Click on the penthouse picture, which should take you to the itinerary page/home reservation.
3. Scroll down and click the "Get receipts and manage payments"

4. Then click "Update payment details"
5. Select the "Pay ahead of schedule: Now"

In took me 1 hour to figure this out, hope that it will save you some time

Gina369
Level 1
Jacksonville, NC

Thank you!