Guest who is making up stories to get a free cancellation

Ishi0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Guest who is making up stories to get a free cancellation

I had a guest who booked for two weeks one month back for four people. She told me two weeks back she is adding two more people. Then she wanted to cancel but my policy setting is strict so she decided to keep it. She arrives at my apartment and first starts on the wifi, then is constantly complaining lying that bedsheets are dirty etc. I have a professional cleaning company that cleans and a dry cleaner who personally drops off clean linen. This woman just wants a free cancellation and came with this motive. Airbnb messaged today saying if shes not happy then they will refund her. This is not fair. Where is support for Hosts . Its a win win for guests they complain they get looked after. What about the hosts who bend backwards trying to please the guest and at the end loose two weeks of revenue and have had to deal with headache. I dont want to give her full refund i dont want her or any other guest who is using the system. I am only willing to give 50% back no more. I need to cut my losses too. Its just not fair. Can someone tell me how to convey this to airbnb. I just dont feel i am looked after as a host. My cleaning company sent a formal letter telling me that this woman is exctly trying to get out of the booking. I dont want her to stay but she has to pay for all the inconvience she has caused me. Help!!!

4 Replies 4
Noel63
Level 10
Coober Pedy, Australia

@Kanokkan0were you the person who had a similar experience with a guest and a pool?

Yes indeed. Very unhappy. Still am.
Ishi0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

what happened pls tell me. Airbnb just wrote to me saying i have done everything and its upto me to give whatever refund i want. I dont want to give her full refund because i have proof the place was in great condition when she arrived. What type of refund did you give your guest? Also do they get to review you?

@Kanokkan0 wrote:

@Kanokkan0 wrote:

Ishi0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I just read your story. I think as hosts we have to be looked after. Sad