I have a guest wishing to cancel. they say thay have booked to wrong dates but the dates they now wish are already booked how do i handle this with out being penalised.
@Allan-and-Janet0, the guest needs to cancel the booking her/himself.
The host should never cancel a reservation, as there are penalties (which include - among other things - a fine, plus the dates in question remain blocked and cannot be assigned to another guest).
The guest will be refunded in accordance with your cancellation policy. If you wish the guest to receive a full refund (minus the AirBnB service fee), you can request this in the Resolution Center.
There wouldn't be any pentalties to you. The guest needs to cancel the reservation if they booked the wrong dates - then they will be responsible for their own penalties, if applicable.
This is not about guest booking wrong dates. It is about a request getting booked before we finished discussing the inquiry. The guest should not be penalized, really, nor should I (host). Is there any way to resolve this outside of anyone getting penalized in any way? This is my first experience with this type of situation, and all I can see is that I should not have clicked "Accept" or "Decline" until they decided for sure while we were emailing about details. What do I do now, as the guest is requesting that I do the cancel so they don't have to pay the fee. ?? I will pay a fee if need be to save them from doing it; however, I do not appreciate losing my superior host status due to complications related to the website process not allowing for the guest to change their mind, and for them choosing to not stay and saying it is because of something (no dog) that is posted on my listing as "No Pets." The fact that I disclosed a bit of an inconvenience of porch construction was a kindness, not even a big deal relating to their use of the house at all. What can I do to resolve? Thank you!
I have a similar issue. Guest said their "apartment is ready earlier and they are leaving early", and cancelled a 20 day reservation after 5 days passed, and still enjoyed the multi-week discount price, and still stayed here for the 6th night......I want to open a resolution claim against her, but my review is still at her stake, and I fear retaliation very much. A host has to wait 14 days for review time to pass, but only has 2 days to report a problematic renter, that s not very helpful......
My situation is this: The guest requested a reservation. I responded first with a Reply to let her know that I would not allow her dog (also requested), and to let them know that my front porch is under construction. I had also clicked "Accept" the reservation to not miss the response deadline of the booking. Then, the guest decided not to stay due to not being able to bring their dog, and saying because of the porch construction AND the dog, they had decided not to stay. Now, guest has asked ME to cancel so they do not have to pay an $8 fee, saying they chose to not stay due to porch and dog. I am attempting to cancel, seeing only info that I will be penalized, I will lost Superhost status for a year, and that those dates will remain blocked on my calendar. I AM LOOKING FOR WHERE ON THE SITE TO REQUEST CONSIDERATION OF THIS CANCELLATION AS AN EXCEPTION, SINCE A RESERVATION WAS MADE BY AIRBNB AND NEITHER THE GUEST NOR MYSELF HAD FINISHED COMMUNICATING ABOUT THE DEFINITE BOOKING? HELP!
Hello Donna... this just happened to me. I had a guy booked... then he disappeared... then he suddenly cancelled ... does the cancellation mean this person can leave a negative rating on my listing? Thanks much in advance...
a guest requested the cancelation of his reservation and he said that he couldnt do it. He asked me to do it and, as I know that the website is a pain sometimes, and I had the option to cancel because of the guest request it, I did it.
Afterwards, checking more information, I found out that host cancelation has penalties. Some of you said that if the guest request it there is no penalty but some of you do not agree. I selected the option of "cancel because of guest request" and I have the messages from my host asking for it. Do you know what can I do to be sure that no fees will be applied?
I know that it was too naive what I did... thanks in advance for any advice.
When I was new I had a similar situation and went to cancel but to be fair to AirBnB it does come up with a list of nasties should you do it.
Tell the guest they need to do it, if they are having issues they can contact ABB.
Looks like you have a moderate cancellation policy so you are good and will get paid.
Cancellation and Curtailment is something that is covered by a travel insurance policy btw.