Guest wishes to cancel

Answered!
Allan-and-Janet0
Level 2
Kelso, United Kingdom

Guest wishes to cancel

I have a guest wishing to cancel.

They say they have booked to wrong dates but the dates they now wish are already booked how do i handle this with out being penalised.

2 Best Answers
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Allan-and-Janet0, the guest needs to cancel the booking her/himself.

The host should never cancel a reservation, as there are penalties (which include - among other things - a fine, plus the dates in question remain blocked and cannot be assigned to another guest). 

The guest will be refunded in accordance with your cancellation policy. If you wish the guest to receive a full refund (minus the AirBnB service fee), you can request this in the Resolution Center.

View Best Answer in original post

There wouldn't be any pentalties to you. The guest needs to cancel the reservation if they booked the wrong dates - then they will be responsible for their own penalties, if applicable.

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31
Maira11
Level 2
Chicago, IL

A guest booked last night and after an hour wanted to cancel because of some emergency. Being new to AIRBNB I accepted her cancellation request giving her a full refund, however now my calendar is booked for those days and it won't let me unblock them. What can I do?

You do not accept a request, the only thing you can be asked to do is cancel yourslef, conntact AirBNb and plead ignorance.

David