Guests Who Do Not Read Entire Listings

Russell68
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Guests Who Do Not Read Entire Listings

What can hosts and Airbnb do to  deal with guests who do not take the time to read and understand entire listings?

Sometimes they go on to cancel, ask for refunds, give bad reviews, blame the host etc.

Hosts spend a lot of time wording and rewording their listings.  Do you find it disappointing that some guests only read headlines, prices and a few other words?

91 Replies 91
Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

I’m afraid that I’ll start declining those who are making silly questions about things that are not only in the description but also in the photos. Not good match for my home. December is awful, nearly every guest is breaking house rules and extreamly low ratings for location. Holiday mood turn off the brains?! 

CaraandMark0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Russell68 We lost our perfect ratings thanks to an idiot who didn't even read the basic listing info!  They complained that the property wasn't detached / separate from the main house... when the listing states its a "guest suite", and clearly says in the space description that its "attached" to the main house.  They then gave us a crap rating and complained about an inaccurate listing description.  And no matter how incorrect a guest review may be, there's nothing you can do to have the review corrected or removed, or the idiot guest sanctioned...  And before everyone says it, we did politely responded to their review, pointing out the listing details and their unfortunate misunderstanding (..."but glad you enjoyed your stay anyway"), but that doesn't change the impact of the poor rating.  We suspect they'd booked it with the intention of having other people stay with them without paying, and that because it was attached / easy for us to know if there were more guests than had booked, they were annoyed as it ruined their plans to try and rip us off.  Always disappointed by the number of idiots there are out there.