Guests breaking house rules

Susan227
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Guests breaking house rules

Hello Community!

My husband and I have been hosting since last March.  We rent out the ground floor of our house.  We have converted into a private apartment.

We have now hosted around 30 times and have not had any major issues with our guests.

However, last night I we came home and my entire home smelled of pot.  Currently there are a young couple staying in the apartment.  They are students and although they did not meet my requirement of 25yrs and older they assured me that they were responsible, engineering students and that they would respect my home.

I was livit when I walked in and smelled that!  I have an eight year old daughter!  I went downstairs and confronted them.  I explained that they assured me that they were responsible and that they had provened otherwise.  I told them that smoking pot in my home was not acceptable and that I wanted it out of my house immediately.  They did not deny it, nor did they apologize, they just said "ok". 

Nothing else has been said or done.  Should I leave it at that or take further action?  Please help, I really don't know what I should do?

Susan

16 Replies 16

But @Todd-and-Reese0 it is so obvious that @Vanessa377 is the guest that @Susan227 is talking about and if you report her then we won’t be entertained by her ludicrous attempt at making Susan look bad but actually only succeeding at showing how silly she is. Haha! 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

good that you did it in writing also /recap the message  so you  have it in writting as proff, always do it through the message board and safety first