Guests bringing extra people not on reservation

Dawn663
Level 2
Galveston, TX

Guests bringing extra people not on reservation

I have a guest that is also a super host that is currently staying in my home. On his reservation he stated it would be 5 adults and 3 children.  He agreed to my House Rules that explicitly state only the persons on the reservation are allowed to stay on the property.  My home can only accommodate 8 guests.  However my outside cameras captured 5 teenagers arriving today with bags and sleeping gear.  How can I respectfully handle this situation.  We have neighbors that live in the home next to ours so out of respect we do not allow parties or large groups (again listed in our House Rules).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   

4 Replies 4
Christine1081
Level 4
Humboldt, TN

They brought one additional person to my home and I referenced the charge per additional person same thing with pets if they aren't registered and I bill them. 

Christine Warrington
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Dawn663 

- Contact Airbnb Support Help Center to acknowledge to the CS of the incident happened, request the case manager to contact the guest.

Do communication with the guest, remind them the listing is for 8 guests maximum and you don't allow an extra person or party event. Also, do mention your concern about the respectful of the neighbour.

Question the guest who's are the 5 teenagers?

Warn the guest if there is an extra person, they need to leave the listing immediately.

Sent an Airbnb message to the guest after the conversation, remark for an Airbnb reference you did contact the guest.

Follow up, contact Airbnb Support Help Center to acknowledge to the CS of the incident happened, request the case manager to contact the guest again.

In certain fact, the guest is a Superhost, should be observed and beware of the house rules, Airbnb terms and regulations. After the booking, the guest is obligate to share all information with the host, including other guests' name.

I hope you can resolve the issue and be sure that is not a " third party" booking.

Aneka2
Level 2
Austin, TX

@Dawn663 How did this situation end up resolving? What process did you follow? I had this happen my very first time hosting and debated about putting them out. Since I was new, I didn't know what to do and so stayed quiet until after the stay. I tried to bill per my policy and they protested. AirBnB did nothing for me except charge for 1 additional person (the person booked for 1 person and then ended up having 5)  and then a penalty fee for vomit I had to clean up (they left it at the front porch - gross!).  He left my front door wide open, & brought home some woman they picked up at a bar downtown. They were loud outside and stumbling around drunk. Terrible! AirBnB said the person had been flagged but I can see he has since stayed other places. In his profile, he even claims to travel doing work AirBnB! Are you kidding me!?!? I am STILL trying to climb out from under the poor review he left me although its impact is fading away (&  he totally did it out of spite as he was all love until I mentioned I knew what he'd done and was going to bill him).  So, I go back and forth on "kick them out" or "hang in there and deal with it after". I would love to know what you did and how it worked out.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Aneka2  You can contact the guest and say that you can see they have more people at your listing than are on the booking ( presumably in violation of your house rules)

if you can accommodate the extra people say they will need to amend the booking to reflect the numbers they now have staying or the guests not on the booking have to leave.

if you can't accommodate them contact the guest who made the booking and say they need to be gone autumn the hour or you will need to ask Airbnb to cancel the whole booking