Guests broke stuff & were late for check out

Tal1
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Guests broke stuff & were late for check out

So I had guests and they were really nice. But the last day they broke a pot with a plant I received for my bday (they were really sorry for that, which is ok, can happen). But the room was full of sand and stones and they didn't clean it properly.

After that they broke the intercom in the flat (it's torn up from the wall). they said it wasn't them, but who else could it be?

In addition, we set the check out time to 13:00, I was being nice and offered them to stay until 15:00, but they just wanted to leave the bags and go outside.

I told them to come back at 17:30-18:00 for the bags.

Later on I got a call from work that I must be there early, so I asked them if they can come at 17:00. That was at 14:00. They wrote me

''we just arrived to the park, so we won't come before 18:00'' (in other words- ''we don't give a **bleep**'').

I just asked them to try to come as soon as they can. But not only they didn't come before 18:00, they arrived also 15 minutes later.

So of course I was even late for my normal shift.

I would like to ask for a part of the deposit for the intercom of course, but Is it also possible to charge them for being late at the checkout?

15 minutes are not such a big deal I know, But i was late for work because of them, and it seemd like they didn't give a **bleep** about it.

What should I do?

1 Reply 1
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

it depends on individual host point of view. you can do it if you want.