Guests can not book "Entire Homes" due to COVID-19

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

Guests can not book "Entire Homes" due to COVID-19

Had a guest try to book tonight for March 24 and they were sent a notice by Airbnb saying "As part of our commitment to your safety, certain last minute bookings of entire homes are restricted right now. You can still book a hotel for your stay."...... This is BEYOND disappointing that no notice was sent out to hosts about this restriction. Found some other people also experiencing this same thing (see photo). Hopefully someone will be heard. 

***Not sure if this is only applying to listings in CANADA. (??)

***Will update when I hear back from Customer Service.

Just an FYI. Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 11.09.17 PM.png

18 Replies 18

@Kaylee18  Hosts in the US have reported getting these as well, but I don't know if the review requirement is different in Canada.

@Sarah977  I finally heard back from customer service.

It is 100% from COVID19 and not due to guests age.

For some guests they are unable to book but others can. I think their system is not working properly lol... makes no sense 

@Kaylee18 And you trust that the CS agent gave you correct information? I would say they didn't. You yourself, and other hosts have said that they were told this mesage has to do with preventing parties.

I was never told that message was to prevent parties. I posted a link to an article that said that, and so I assumed that was the case. But since then, I’ve had guests well over 40yrs old attempting to book and given the same message “restriction on booking entire place last minute.” 

So at this point I definitely believe it is COVID19 related and not only an age issue. 

🙂