Guests can see exact address during FREE Cancellation

Guests can see exact address during FREE Cancellation

Hi everyone

I just came across this little hidden check-box. Guests have access to your info  (exact address) during the Cancellation period. It is unchecked by default. Personally i don't want guests having the exact address if they cancel their booking.

If you want to change the setting you can find it under "Location" when you "Edit your Listing"

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.46.15 PM.png

17 Replies 17
Jodi264
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Is this box suppose to stay checked once you check it ? It’s seems as if once I check it then click save. When I exit out and return to the page it’s now unchecked ... help 

Try again, Jodi.  After I read yours I thought I'd better check mine and lo and behold some were checked and some not!!  One of them I had to keep fixing 4-5 times after it kept changing back to the non checked box!!  I don't know why..  I went to all 3 listings before I sent you this and the boxes are all checked even after I refreshed and/or exited.  I guess you need to be stubborn with it.  I'll check again in about a week.     

Angie29
Level 10
Morro Bay, CA

MANY THANKS!!  I checked the box.  

A little update:  

I don't know where it was 3 yrs ago but now it's under "Location".  

Share address after the free cancellation period
Checking this box means guests won’t see your address, last name, or phone number while they’re able to cancel for free. After the free cancellation window, we’ll send guests this information.
vs 2018 "Share details".     

Word of caution:  Mine kept going back to the unchecked box after it showed "saved" and I kept checking it.  It didn't happen to all my listings only 1 or 2 until finally after 3-4 tries it stayed checked.  So keep on checking/refreshing just to make sure it's there.