Guests can't book, customer service no help...

Stay-Asheville0
Level 10
Asheville, NC

Guests can't book, customer service no help...

Hey Folks,

I've got a question maybe the commuinity can help me with.  I'm an airbnb host with pretty good feedback, amazing response rate, and latley guests haveb't been able to book despite me giving them pre approvals and having instant book allowed.

I've called airbnb support and they say it's with Trust And Safety.  That seems odd to me since Trust And Safety would only be involved if they were making sure I'm not a danger to airbnb or guests.  It's been a week since I haven't been able to take a booking and I'm losing a ton of money.    The listings are still live and I've gotten no emails from anyone or even a phone call to discuss what I should do.  I've been responding to booking inquiries left and right and people are upset they can't book, and I have no answers for them.

Has anyone ever had this happen?  Is there anything I can do?  I've scoured the interned and called their support line several times, and I can't find a thing.

Any help is appreciated.

10 Replies 10
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

When potential guests are unable to use instant book, they have gotten thumbs down from other hosts.  So it is probably with trust and safety after all and you would not want those guests anyway.

It can also have to do with verification - some are reluctant to supply the info required and some simply give up during the process.

verified guests with great reviews are unable to book

That sounds odd and I suppose there must be some technical reason. My best advise would be to contact airbnb again and ask those who try to book do the same.  It will take time, but hopefully you will succeed when speaking to someone else.

I received an email saying they were verifying my account. I think this happened after I added a new bank account, this time in a business name.  It's been going on for over a week.... 

The other day I finally received an email saying they were verifying my account and that they would let me know if they needed anything.  What else do they need?  I'm losing money and guests are annoyed..... ugh.    I guess I just have to wait.

Estefan0
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

I'm having the same problem.  Guests are getting upset with me.  Today, one even asked me if I had blocked him.  The reservation was for over $1500.  I've lost at least two other reservations going for over $700.   Airbnb keeps telling me that all is fine on my end, and that they issue is with the guests.  Then they tried to do the reservation directly, over the phone, but it still didn't happen. 

Yesterday, I called Airbnb and after 11 minutes on the phone, the agent told me that she would have to call me back in a few minutes.  She never called me back.

I don't know what to do!!!!

@Estefan0

You would not want guests with issues no matter what rental amount.  They may have been given the thumbs down with other hosts and thus unable to book using instant book.  The system is in place to protect you from such guests.

Trying to deal outside the site they may also be possible scammers.

You're right, but how can I tell if someone has thumbs down or bad reviews?  I can't seem to find any way on how to do that?

When I've contacted Airbnb, they have not told me whether that's the case.

You would not know about the "thumbs down" or lower star ratings from other hosts, but the system picks it up to protect those with instant book.  

Issues can also be that they have been reported or even removed earlier and now trying to book by setting up a new account.  

Reviews will show in their profiles, but with IB anyone can book within the settings you have chosen and without consulting you.  

So I just checked the various folks wanting to book.  The first one having problems has 14 reviews, and all are great reviews.  I see nothing showing actual thumbs up or down.  A lot of the guests, including those who were successful  booking my apartment don't even have reviews. 

Maybe they do not have enough verifications to comply with your IB settings ?  

Contact airbnb again - you may get a different answer from a different representative and maybe even some help 🙂