Guests from Hella

Petra588
Level 3
Weilrod, Germany

Guests from Hella

We had a booking for a family for 5 days: husband, wife, 2 kids 9 and 4 1/2 years old. Within these 5 days they managed to break a glass brick wall in the bathroom and damaged our bed so badly, that it needed to be recovered. For the 5 days they paid € 250 and left us with € 620 damage. Due to their explanation it happened all by itself and they were not responsible for anything. Thankfully, after supplying all the pictures/videos and bills, AirBnB refunded that big amount. We are very grateful for that and will definitely remain part of the AirBnB community!!!

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Glad to hear it. Hope you left an honest review to warn future hosts. 

We definitely did! In my review I called them guests from hell, mentioned that they brock a glass brick wall and made a write-off of our bed, but are not responsible for anything. I definitely want to avoid that they are ever able to book with AirBnB and do that to other people!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

So sorry this happened! Yes I would echo @Helen3 and leave a review that states "Guests did not treat our space carefully nor follow house rules. I cannot recommend them to other hosts."

Victoria643
Level 2
Kokomo, IN

We had guests that caused extensive damages. I did contact AirBnB, but after having an incident over a year ago and then having our listings views drop dramatically for a while and also reading about how hosts may be punished through things such their listings' promotion and placement, etc., I was afraid to to submit for the reimbursement. The damages were significant. 😞 

Mary-and-William0
Level 2
Powder Springs, GA

I am so sorry to hear of your bad experience, it is encouraging to hear Airbnb reimbursed you

Thank you for posting an honest reference. 

Christianne15
Level 2
United States

I also had a demage caused by a guest once and aibnb paid me 3-4 days after I asked for reimbursement based on pictures, videos and receipt. I am happy with the way Aibnb managed the issue. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Glad @Petra588 that you had a positive outcome to a negative experience.  None of us ever want that type of guest, but we do want that understanding @Airbnb  outcome to damages. 💐

Dee148
Level 3
Chattanooga, TN

Always document! It's worth the hassle. So glad this was resolved for you, and how sad to have had such lousy guests!