Guests have stolen money; reported to police. Police asks for their ID from AirBnB, how do i get it?

Vlad18
Level 1
Kiev, Ukraine

Guests have stolen money; reported to police. Police asks for their ID from AirBnB, how do i get it?

We were hosting two guests who have stolen money. we reported to police and they are now requiring ID of guest. Two questions here:

1. How do I report them to AirBnB so they are blocked and no one hosts them again? 
2. How do i get their IDs from AirBnB to provide it to police? 

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I would anticipate the Police need to contact AirBnB, some hosts require to see ID on check in, sounds like you do not.

David
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Vlad18

Here's how to get in touch with them:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

For the future you might consider adding ID check/registration upon check in  and add this announcement to your House Rules.

That way you'll have the necessary data on hand in case you ever need to make a police report. Plus, it will serve as serious deterrent for most people with bad intentions.

Not everybody is a good person, and some dishonest characters take 'home sharing' too literally 😞