Guests moving bookings to next year due to coronavirus what price?

Leanne188
Level 1
Glasgow, GB

Guests moving bookings to next year due to coronavirus what price?

I have a guest who is due to stay this June but would now like to change their booking to June 2021 due to coronavirus. 

If you are moving bookings are you charging next years prices or just doing a straight swap?

I increased our next years prices earlier this year as after our first year I found we weren't really profiting that much from it so what they paid for this year is a good bit cheaper than what it would be next year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

5 Replies 5
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Leanne188 

I'd be inclined to increase prices.

The losses via Airbnb for this year need paying somehow. 150% increase would level the playing field for existing guests wanting to change their booking. I don't think that would be palatable, but thats the right direction 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leanne188 

I'd leave the prices as per this year or MAX 3% increase for next year otherwise your guest would be better waiting for the extenuating circumstances policy to be extended yet again heron you may lose everything if you don't have a strict cancellation policy

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leanne188 you need to charge what it is worth to you for the work you put in.

Having said that I wouldn't expect prices to be especially buoyant next year.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Leanne188  I would leave the price the same and consider myself lucky they want to rebook at all.