Guests need to have this info completely filled out before they can make a reservation request?

Guests need to have this info completely filled out before they can make a reservation request?

Hi.

Airbnb states the following below,  but I have had people with just an email make a reservation request or be allowed to instantbook.

Anyone else?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1170/what-are-the-requirements-to-book-on-airbnb

We ask everyone who uses Airbnb for a few pieces of information before they travel on Airbnb. Guests need to have this info completely filled out before they can make a reservation request. This info helps make sure hosts know who to expect, and how to contact the guest.

Airbnb’s requirements for guests include:

• Full name
  • Confirmed email address
  • Confirmed phone number
  • Profile photo that shows their face
  • Introductory message
  • Agreement to house rules
  • Payment information
8 Replies 8
Cassie8
Level 1
South Bend, IN

I'm having the same issue! Not finding anything about it in the Help articles...

I think the one I posted was supposed to be a help article - but it  doesn't get with the reality.

Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Go to listings.  Go to reservation requirements.  Make sure that you require verification before booking (it is optional.  some people I suppose do not require verification.  mine was not default selected when I started).

After you do that, go to "Your Listing".  Go to Booking.  Select who can book instantly.  I require both verification and existing reviews to instant book.  If people do not have reviews, they go through the normal process where I accept/decline them before they can make reservation.

Hope this information helps!

@Melanie58

Hello. Thank you. Appreciate it.

However, if that is the case it contradicts the airbnb article that states:  

"Guests need to have this info completely filled out before they can make a reservation request."

It does not say Hosts decide what info they want before accepting a request.

It's confusing.

Best,

You're right, @Ange2! I have received requests from guests who had photos that were not of their face, (not even of themselves, for that matter!) and had no information posted about themselves either. I wonder how it is that they're able to make reservations?

Jude

The site is set up to almost accept any "Tom, **bleep**, or Harry" that wants to spend money.  That is how the people make reservations.  That is how AirBnB makes money.

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

I just had an instant book with positive reviews and Verified ID but his name was 'SuperStarChozzen1'. Seriously? I doubt this was on his ID. And he had no last name after booking. I jumped on and asked his name. Michael. Okay. He turned out to be an excellent guest but I was wondering why Air allows this? I told him in private feedback that using a name other than his ID gives hosts a huge Red Flag.

I also received a booking from an absolutely lovely guest with a name that was obviously totally made up, similar to your request, @Connie-Jo-and-Leslie0. When I contacted her prior to my acceptance, it turned out she was an elementary school teacher, had logged into and created her Airbnb account through her Facebook account, and like many professionals I know, had changed her Facebook name to protect her privacy, and used her Facebook profile to create and verify her Airbnb account.

She and and her friend were as normally wonderful as I would hope any guests would be. But I do wonder how people are creating, and verifying accounts without real names or photos. This has not been the first time this has happened within a span of only a few weeks.

One more reason why I would stop hosting through Airbnb if I was forced to use Instant Book as some new hosts have apparently been forced to do.

Jude