Guests not coorporating with showing the house for potential guests

Haruki0
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Guests not coorporating with showing the house for potential guests

I wanted to show my house to potential future tenants (outside of Airbnb), but the current Airbnb guests (who are here for a few weeks) are not coorporating in coming up with a convenient time -- they say they want to be there but does not offer any convenient time, and they also do not reply. They do not have to be there when the poential guests tour and they are likely not at the house most of the day anyways, so I just need their OK.  How should go about this? Is there any provision that allow me to do this (e.g. with a 24 hour notice).

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When you rent your space to a guest, it belongs to the guest to enjoy appropriately under your house rules.  To ask the guest to enable you to show it to other guests is inappropriate.  Please wait until the space is unoccupied to transact your business and do not involved your Air BNB guests.

I fully agree with @Linda108. This would be very unprofessional 

Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

@Haruki0 If you rented the entire place to me, I probably will do the same as your guest.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Haruki0 Yes Haruki I can't say I blame them! They have paid you money for your property and they are entitled to be there without your intrusion.

Obviously wait until they have left is the best advice but, all guests are different, and you really need to do this, if you offered them an incentive to forgive the intrusion...perhaps give them a refund of one night then they may feel more inclined to cooperate.....but if it were me, I wouldn't be too cooperative either.

Cheers......Rob