Guests not declaring children at the time of booking

Theoharis0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Guests not declaring children at the time of booking

Hello all,

All of my listings are charged as a whole with no surcharge for the number of persons, so in general I did not pay attention on the number of guests declared on the Airbnb booking form, but on the actual number the guest mentioned in the text box.

This also resulted in hosting a number of large families with kids, where in the Airbnb system they showed as "1" guest.

That was ok, until the recent announcements about Family Collection, where listings are eligible for the Family Collection based on hosted families. Some of my listings made it and some did not, because of the issue I described above. I decided to bite the bullet for the past booking and do my best to get family bookings for this summer. 

Which leads to my current problem...

I already have two families booked which did not enter their children in the booking. I asked them to change it and they said they could not.

So I contacted the Helpdesk... which they said is not possible for the time being!!!!

So in other words, you can make all sorts of alterations in a booking but you cannot add/remove children to it!

Do others have a similar problem?

Thank you,

Theoharis

1 Reply 1
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Theoharis0

If you go to the reservation, you will find the change or cancel feature/tabs.  Using the change feature, you can change the number of adults/children up to the max number of guests for that unit by clicking the "guests" box.  

A message will be sent to the guest to accept the change, and once accepted, the booking is updated with the correct number of adults/children.