Guests not receiving messages

Amitai0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guests not receiving messages

Hi there,

We've experienced issues of recent guests not receiving or being notified of our messages through conversation/inbox. I believe it happened both from my account and my co-host account. Two of our recent guests haven't received some of our messages. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks,
Amitai

6 Replies 6
Wendy-and-Sol0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

@Amitai0,
How do you know your guests aren't receiving the messages? Because they have confirmed not receiving other messages or they haven't responded?

If they have confirmed not having received a message where maybe you answered specific questions- I would reach out to airbnb customer service. They can check your message board where guest acknowledges not having received one of your messages. 

If they simply haven't responded it may also be that they sent the same inquiry to multiple hosts and are now engaged with somebody. If they have indeed acknowledged not receiving it, airbnb might be willing to reach out to your guest to follow up with them and get a confirmation. Sorry about multiple messages the system keeps acting funny if I want to 

Annie137
Level 3
Berlin, Germany

I seem to have the same problem. I wrote to my guests 3 times asking for their arrival time and if they need directions - I am glad they finally called today and gave me the information, because airbnb messages from them did not seem to get to me either. They will arrive tomorrow and then I will know more.... before I will contact airbnb customer service.

Amitai0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I received their messages, but it seems that they haven't received some of my messages. I'll check again with the next guest.  And ask them to double check in the app. It could be that they received the message on Airbnb, but not a text message or an email. I need to double check.

Jira2
Level 2
Emeryville, CA

None of my messages are getting through either. I would send a message on the app and I would receive an error message in return. I would then go to the website and check messages and my sent messages never got through.