Guests rates building instead of apartment

David1382
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Guests rates building instead of apartment

Dear Airbnb or any one reading this, 

I have been a host for over two year know, I have strived towards a perfect experience for every single guest of mine. I have been a superhost for 6 consecutive months and I am aiming to become a superhost once again. 

Recently I had guests arrive to the apartment from Argentina. They spoke really poor english and forgot to notify me when their train was late, I waited two hours for them in front of the apartment, had no idea qwhere they were. 

They left recently and left a really poor review in my standards. 3 stars, when 80% of my rating are 5 stars and the rest is all 4. They said the apartment was perfect and the host as well, but the building was not maintained properly. There is a small constuction going on and the left overs are stored in the main hall of the building. The elevator is quite small and slow, but works perfectly.

How is this my fault? I have literally zero effect on how the building is maintained and how it looks. I feel like this is really unfair and I am really pissed of at the moment, since I always do everything in my power to make my guests happy and to give them a grade A service and experience. As I understand, the guests should be rating the apartment and the host, not the f-ing building. 

Did this happen to you before, what would you do in my situation? Does Aribnb remove ratings in any cases? 

Thanks,

David

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There are certain circumstances where hosts have been succesful in removing a review, would not expect this to be one of them.

Reviews are inevitably subjective.

David
Paul-and-Chris0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Hi David,

We are in Budapest too, and we get that too quite a lot in reviews. There is nothing to be done about it really, except just accept it and move on.