Guests who don't show up and left a poor rating.

Guests who don't show up and left a poor rating.

The guest did not show up for the reservation after lengthy emails back and forth all day. They drove an hour away from the town where we live "because they could not find the place". A simple Google search of the address would have given her a map and directions. The map on Airbnb is also correct.  We live in a very small town with 3 exits off the highway, any one of which would have led them to us. She then left 1 star ratings after not even having been here, which negatively impacts us.  It seems that if a guest does not stay at the property, they should not be able to review it.  

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I didn't see a negative review, @Sherrill1.  It is a recent change that both host and guest can rate even if there is a cancellation, which is pretty controversial.  Did the guest cancel?  

Being a person that is directionally challenged and having been lead astray by Google driving, I appreciate all the support a host can provide with locating their listing.  When I am expecting a guest, I stay close to my smart phone in case they need to contact me while enroute.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Sherrill1

You can not cure stupid and I have many stories to tell.

I would contact AirBnb and try and get the review and its rating removed.

David