Guests who intentionally do not post reviews

Clare22
Level 2
Talybont-on-Usk, GB

Guests who intentionally do not post reviews

I have been really lucky with many lovely guests and it has been a privalige to meet people from all around the world but, as the saying goes, it does take all sorts!! I have had two sets of guests recently who have come and taken advantage of the hospitality given to them and also left the property in a less than ideal condition etc. Neither have left a review for me which basically, is because they are worried (or perhaps not) about getting a less than favourable review from me.

My concern is that they will be doing this for other hosts and wonder if Airbnb monitors guests who repeatedly do not leave reviews which suggests a problem with their behaviour? If they don't leave reviews, does this affect their status and how would other hosts be alerted to this problem?

I never have any problem with other guests leaving reviews so am pretty sure that these few are intentionally not posting a review to protect their airbnb review status.

Just interested in raising this in the community and hope that Airbnb perhaps do have a system in place to monitor it!

Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Clare22, This may seem to be a bothersome disappointment but you can still leave a review. Your review is independent of whether or not your guests leave a review.

Reviews are very helpful, but to be truly authentic they need to be voluntary. That is what makes the reviews which you do get, so much more valuable.

Do not refrain from honest diplomacy when reviewing your guests. Host reviews are equally as valuable to the community.

Some guests feel that they paid the host and have no obligation to assist the host any further......... How nice that so many guests have written reviews for you.

Sincere regards,

Christine.

Ah thank you Christine.

I hadn't realised that the reviews were independent and had thought they were only published if the corresponding review was received. That's good to know and even when disappointed by a guests behaviour, do try to leave constructice reviews which might help them in the future!

Appreciate your feedback.

Warm wishes

Clare

As soon as you each leave a review, both the guest and host reviews are made public.

If you've left a review, guests are notified & asked to leave their own - if they don't do so by the end of the 2-week window, just your review is published.

Kay196
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you for explaining this too. I was thinking that my review would not be published if the guest did not leave one too. 98% of my guests have been superb but I do feel it is important to hi light those who aren’t to other hosts. Airbnb community is based on trust and honesty respect by guests and I feel really let down by guests who don’t respect these values when done all I can to look after them! I love it most of the time and gives me a real buzz to host .