Guesty vs Hosty - which do you prefer?

Max246
Level 2
Carlisle, United Kingdom

Guesty vs Hosty - which do you prefer?

Hi guys,

I've been hosting for a good six months with a partner but am going out on my own and relisting my three spare rooms, all within my house, so still a relatively simple setup. I've been doing a bit of reading about management systems and have narrowed my list down to these two:

Guesty

Hosty

Others considered: AirGMS, Smartbnb, and a few others that weren't particularly memorable

The two above appear very similar, but their pricing plan is the principal difference. For those who aren't aware, Guesty charge 2-5% on each booking, whereas Hosty use a monthly fee ($10 / £7.16/month currently for the plan that suits me). I've already worked out that for my current average price of £30/night and around 15 nights booked across all listings, Guesty becomes more expensive than Hosty. If I have 50 combined nights booked, it's £75 for Guesty vs £21.48 for Hosty. This is assuming I'll be charged 5%, but it could be lower; if 2%, Guesty only starts to get more expensive when I start to get really fully booked, and it is a much smaller difference.

I'm not too concerned about the price, at least it isn't the only thing I'm considering, but there isn't a lot of information online in terms of reviews. I've heard about a few issues with customer service for Guesty but that's about it - what would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

good question from @Max246

Pedro-Deleon0
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Hello, thanks for posting this question, I have been using GUESTY for about a year and a half, started with 2-4 properties but now I’m managing 17 and unfortunately I’m looking for a different system because GUESTY has become extremely expensive for me. Also their customer service is not the best, they don’t improve their product at all, still don’t have a fully functional app, no notifications at all from the app to cleaners, so they do have several things I don’t like but I have not found their replacement yet,  I am testing out FantasticStay but they are just starting and the system doesn’t seem fully polished yet, feels buggy, but if they improve I see great potencial and the cost will be half of what I pay GUESTY, it’s only been 3 days testing them so I still need to wait to have a full opinion. I will take a look to hosty, today is the first time I hear about that one. Thanks a lot 

AirGMS offer a fixed cost per active listing, i.e. a listing that has had any bookings in the last month. That's a much more appealing pricing model.

Hi @Pedro-Deleon0 

Did you manage yet to get to know Fantasticstay?  I'm in the same situation of about to leave Guesty and start with exsploring Fantasticstay.

Any pros or cons to look into?

Someone here was mentioning a similar solution did you find yet?

Thanks a lot!

Mak9
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Anyone who has this question, let me know - I have been beta testing a new solution that pretty much offers everything GUESTY does, and is going to be free at least for a year while things get worked out.

@Mak9 wrote:

Anyone who has this question, let me know - I have been beta testing a new solution that pretty much offers everything GUESTY does, and is going to be free at least for a year while things get worked out.

Hello Mak, what's the service you're beta testing?

Kathleen277
Level 3
Massachusetts, United States

Looks like @Mak0 was not sharing the site he was beta testing.   I am currently looking at  Platform for managing my rentals and would be interested in looking at this one too!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathleen277 ,

This topic is over a year old so the content may have expired from @Max246 . Sorry!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I am interested in trying your new program. My email is lbaudizzon@gmail.com

Hi Mak9, I'm interested in using the beta test.  @1adambuzz on IG.  thx. 

What is it 

Matt3923
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I am looking for comprehensive software for a single property.  We would like to buy 2 more in 2021.  Marketing, tracking Income and expenses, streamlining bookings ... all aspects we are interested in exploring 

I was going to use a simple spreadsheet but we are now looking at Hosty ... thoughts?