Guidebook Postings

John741
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

Guidebook Postings

Hello Airbnb Community....i have been hosting since June 1st of this year and need some help with what should be a simple item. I am trying to list restaurant suggestions as well as places to go and things to do in my GUIDEBOOK, but when i list the suggestions they do not seem to stick. I go to the effort of letting future guests know of some nice options of things to do and after i get done with listing them, the suggestions do not appear. I hit EDIT again, make my recommendations and nothing shows in my listing preview. Does anyone know how i can make my GUIDEBOOK complete for both me and my guests to see? Thank you in advance for any help provided...John

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The guidebook is an inhumane experiment to see how long it takes to drive hosts mad, @John741. I'm being only a little facetious. 

It is frustrating and inconsistent and has been for a very long time. Wish I had a better answer, but at least I can tell you that it's not you. You are doing nothing wrong. 

Like you, I have a ridiculous uneditable online guidebook that I hope to be able to make nice and complete someday. In the meantime, I print out a version I like for the hardcopy house manual and that has to do. 

Thank you kindly for your response Lawrence...it makes a newbee like me feel better knowing it is a kink in the Airbnb system and not my buffoonery...i will follow your lead and make a hardcopy of my things to do/places to go for my future guests...great suggestion...have yourself a Happy Labor Day weekend and thanks again for all your help...it's much appreciated...John

Hi, @John741. I did tweet to AirbnbHelp to ask whether there was a trick to getting guidebook edits to save. (The other guidebook stuff I can let go for now.) They asked for screenshots. I was finally back at the computer tonight, and found that sometime within 24 to 48 hours my changes went into effect. I followed up, and they said, yes, that's what it is: it takes up to 48 hours for a change to go public. So stick at it, and all will be well in the end. 🙂 

Many thanks Lawrene...i will give it a go and hope for the best...i appreciate all your help...good luck to you...John