H

Helen2188
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

H

Hi

can someone please tell me what a super host / irish person is supposed to be a Spanish lady named Pilar rented out my spare bedroom for just under a year during this time she had and hopefully enjoyed my hospitality I am currently holding all her possessions for free so if this is not suitable haven’t a clue what is 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen2188 does this post make sense to you because it doesn't to me. Is there a question?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Helen2188   Your post is not very clear for hosts to be of help.  It seeems you have some experience with Air BNB in the past and lately you rented to a long term guest who was your first for this listing.   The Help Center article about long term listing policies and procedures should be of some help.  If you have payment questions, only Air BNB staff can help with that.  Perhaps you can elaborate on your post on this host/guest public forum if you wish our help.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen2188  Your post is unintelligible. If you can be clear about what you are asking, I'm sure you've get some advice here.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen2188 

-Are you wondering why you haven't achieved 'Superhost' status? - I looked at your profile & found you have cancelled people who booked with you. Even ONE cancellation means hosts are not eligible for Superhost status.

Are you saying the Spanish lady, Pillar, stayed in YOUR Airbnb for a year? And left her belongings, which you are stuck with, after she's gone? And you think putting up with her & all this means you deserve to be a Superhost?

To be a Superhost you have to :

1. Achieve an average rating of 4.8 over the last year

2. Have no cancellations made by you

3. Respond to 90% of  inquiries

4. Host 10 trips in a year or 3 trips totalling 100 nights

- This is a user forum for hosts & guests. Most folk here are hosts. This is not Airbnb customer services, & they will probably not read this. This is a place where you can get advice from other hosts (& sometimes guests), & share experiences, good times & bad times in the world of Airbnb! - Feel free to chat more about what's troubling you! 🙂

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Helen2188  Holding a guests belongings for them after they leave is not one of the criteria to achieve Superhost status, and while being hospitable is very good, it also isn't a direct criteria either. I imagine it's your cancellations that are preventing you from becoming a Superhost. Learn about the program here https://www.airbnb.ca/superhost