HELP! AirBnB Will Not Update my TDT Number for Short Term Listings (4 months and counting)

Matthew147
Level 3
Chicago, IL

HELP! AirBnB Will Not Update my TDT Number for Short Term Listings (4 months and counting)

Hi Everyone - hoping that someone has a magic phone number or something that I can use...

In February, AirBnB and Palm Beach County had something happen and hundreds of listings lost their ability to host short term even though we had our TDT (tourist development tax) numbers that are mandatory to host short term rentals.  I have called, tweeted, emailed, and called more (every 4 days) to try and get them to refresh their list so that I can have our house listed again - but no avail.  

It happens the same every time - call - explain - "I need to send you up to a supervisor.  They will call you shortly..." - no response.

I have called and talked to Palm Beach County tax department - everything is in working order.

I have called and talked to the village of Wellington (where our listing is) - everything is in working order.

If ANYONE can help out with this I would be so so so appreciative as we are only listed as a 180 rental now and haven't even had an inquiry since February.  

Thanks in Advance - Matt

3 Replies 3
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Matthew147,

I'm really sorry to hear about this situation.

I have inquired about your issue internally and I was told that the CS team is working on your case, so I'd advise you to please bear with them a little longer. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps in some way and that your listing gets sorted soon.

Thanks,

Liv

Thanks @Liv Liv but I think that 4 months is more than sufficient time even with the current state of things.  Please let me know if there are any additional steps that need to be taken since the steps currently aren't going anywhere.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No magic number. Try them on their social media @Matthew147