HELP!! BIG GLITCH - NO HOST Option to list with: Lock on bedroom door

Marcie0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

HELP!! BIG GLITCH - NO HOST Option to list with: Lock on bedroom door

BAD glitch in the HOST Listing options....

---> A GUEST has the option to choose a HOUSE with Entire Home/ Apt and the Amenity: Lock on Bedroom Door

---> For a HOST, it's IMPOSSIBLE to list as a HOUSE with Entire Home/Apt AND Lock on Bedroom Door

It's NOT an available option!

In fact, when it's allowed, it's listed under : Safety Checklist - Lock on Bedroom Door

...NOT Amenities.

This is NOT good because choosing it, cancels out any listings that don't have that as an option.  MY home DOES have a lock on the bedroom door, but I can NOT choose it and call my listing a HOUSE with Entire Home/ Apt.

PLEASE CORRECT THIS ASAP

It should ALWAYS be an available HOST option!

Thank you!!

Marcie

12 Replies 12
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

The purpose of this is to let guests know whether their personal space can be locked. Since they are renting the entire home, the assumption is that they can just lock the house. Very few people are going to be concerned about securing the bedroom against themselves, so it shouldn't impact your hit rate. And if a person is really concerned that they will steal from themselves, do you really want them in your home anyway?

Thanks, you guys!

It's not about paranoia... lol.

My concern is that the person searching just clicks on that amenity and POOF! ALL the houses are gone!  

It's a glitch that needs to be corrected and without thinking, I wrote about it here instead of contacting Customer Support.

I called and now have them looking into it.  

It's a matter of consistency.  If it's available for a Guest to click on in desired Amenities, it needs to be there for ALL Hosts to list as an offered option! 😉

Thanks again!

Stay tuned... 😉

Marcie

Thanks for your thoughts! 

Let's hope it's corrected SOON!

😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marcie0,

Thanks for posting this. If you receive any update about this, it would be great if you could post it here. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I guess I don't have sufficient privilegs to post in the update forum... 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Marcie0, you are right.  There is an inconsistency here, however, as @Ed-and-Hugh0 pointed out if the guest is renting an entire house, just lock the front door!

Christel1
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Hi Marcie.  

I just noticed this too.  I am a host,  but was searching as a guest to see what the competition is.  I chose 'lock on bedroom door' as an amenity for a private room and my place didn't show up, although others did.  

My place does have a lock on the bedroom door, so I wanted to add that in to make my place more desirable.  But there is no option to do that!  I used the Desktop and Mobile versions.

If the 'lock on bedroom door' was only an amenity for an entire house, it shouldn't show as an option for private room searching.  

Marcie, what did Customer Service say?  And is there a way to email them or must we call?

Thanks,

Christel

Marina43
Level 1
Casuarina, Australia

Hi Marcie,

Is customer support getting this issue fixed? It hasn't been yet. Their initial response suggested that they were naive to the fact that maybe some parents mightn't want their kids barging in unexpectedly 🙂 Cheers, Marina

It's true, you could want to lock the bedroom door even if you are renting the whole place. This could be a new website vs old website issue. 

I have an old listing -- where it didn't ask about bedroom door locks. And then a new listing I just did a couple days ago & even tho it is a whole house listing, it did ask this question 

Susan525
Level 2
Denver, CO

Ugh. I can't even find where to add it for my room rental... It's not on the app at all. And I couldn't find it on desktop.

Susan525
Level 2
Denver, CO

So a year and a half later and nothing has been done. Glitch still exists. Ugh.

Yes! So frustrating!

Heather188
Level 4
Juneau, AK

I agree that this is a problem. It results in my entire place listing not showing up in searches.  And I DO have both a front-door lock and bedroom door locks in my unit.  I would like to be able to select that amenity.  Alternatively, I don't think guests should have the option to search for that amenity when selecting "entire place".