HELP PLEASE, I have just accepted a guest, however I cannot see their reviews?

Kaileigh0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

HELP PLEASE, I have just accepted a guest, however I cannot see their reviews?

This will be my first time hosting so want to make sure I can see the persons previous reviews as they said they have been a member for years.

Also as a host am I meant to provide anything?

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Kaileigh0 You should be able to see their reviews. There is a chance they have not got any reviews. Recently I hosted someone who has been a member for years and has not had any reviews - it was his new account.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

How do you know if someone has reviews or not?

If you click on their picture or name (from the messages, from your reservations list - shouldn't matter) it'll take you to their Profile page with their picture and verifications down the left, their bio (if they wrote one) on the right, and reviews just below that.

Just below their name it'll show how long they've been on Airbnb. If someone has had an account for years, but no reviews, it would be worth asking them if they've stayed with a host, and how that experience was. In some cases, they set up an account and didn't end up booking for a trip. Others may have stayed, but the host left no review. Rarely, but what to be cautious of, the guest was bad enough that the host canceled on them - until recent changes in the review system, the host wouldn't have been able to leave a review on why they needed to cancel the guest during their stay.

Hi I am in the same boat. Guest has no bio when I click on image but has been on air bnb since 2016. And they want to share the room with a partner who has no a/c I think or bio. What do i do plse? Bina

To check if they have reviews you tap on their photo and scroll down. If there is nothing it means the person has no reviews. Then make sure they have at least provided Govt id by calling airbnb before even thinking about accepting their booking.

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

@Kaileigh0, as for what you're meant to offer, be sure that your physical space has all the things you said you offered in your listing.

Make sure your amenities are properly checked off:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/586/how-do-i-add-amenities-to-my-listing

Even though "essentials" is a checkbox that you could leave unchecked, this is probably the one area you'd need to be VERY clear about if you don't intend to offer. Almost every guest would expect to have basic stuff like toilet paper, soap, towels and linens/pillows on their bed.

And be sure to check out the hosting standards and articles here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/576/what-are-airbnb-s-hosting-standards?topic=206

Hi Kaileigh if you want to vet guests before they book you will need to turn instant booking off so that they have to contact you first but this may impact on how many bookings you get. I have been hosting since the end of June and have had a few guests without any reviews but no problems so far! I would say that it is also time very well spent looking at other listings near you to see what they provide and how they present their listing. I did this A LOT before I went live and still do it now regularly to check out how I compare. The first guest is always a bit nerve wracking but you'll soon get the hang of it. Good luck!