HELP!! payout preferences automatic change to payoneer debit card

Linda59
Level 2
George Town, Malaysia

HELP!! payout preferences automatic change to payoneer debit card

Hi I'm facing payment issued. My payout preferences was suddenly have debit card: payoneer and my few payment was auto transfer to this debit card. The most important things is i dont have any debit card or account in payoneer.somemore i dint add on the payoneer debit card onto my airbnb payment preferences but is was automatic set as default in my payment preferences. My original paymend default is my local bank and it was default for few years already. Why suddenly my payment preferences have payoneer debit card and set as default???

Please HELP

thanks

Linda

12 Replies 12

@Linda59 - make sure that your payment options are still available and change it to the one you want.   Then delete the payoneer method if you no longer use it.  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/54/how-do-i-edit-or-change-my-payout-method

https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/1057/your-payout-status

Yes, I already changed back to my previous default account preferences. But I have few previous booking payment was paid to the payoneer debit card which that is not my account (I totally don't have payoneer debit car for account)  I suspected that my airbnb account was hacked.airbnb can't help me on this. What should I do? Thanks

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Payoneer is a payment card launched by airbnb. You probably were not hacked, butmay have clicked on a proposal to use it or discover it or something the like. 

It would work like a payment card but alliw cash withdrawals too. In France it was seen as the ultimate tax avoidance scheme and quickly withdrawn - one fight at a time is enough and the current fight is low cal housing laws. 

Funny, that airbnb customer service should not know their own product. 

The money is still under airbnb’s control, so you will get it ultimately. You could check the payoneer offer, maybe it’s possible in your country and a good service. (My local friend was bitterly disappointed, that she could not profit from it after it was cancelled)

then either activate it fully or insist on customer service to get a person knowing their offer and cancel it fully. Seems you are in a halfway done zone for those payouts. Good luck!

@Helga0 - Payoneer is a third party organization, not something owned by Airbnb.  Airbnb uses their services to transfer funds to several countries where other funds transfers are not available.  

Payoneer, an Internet-based payment company, and BorderFree, an e-commerce company owned by Pitney Bowes. Payoneer was founded in 2005 with $2 million in seed funding from then-CEO Yuval Tal and other private investors. Israeli venture capitalist firm Greylock Partners[2] provided an additional $4 million in funding in 2007.[8] I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payoneer

Linda59
Level 2
George Town, Malaysia

Thanks for your information. I'm feel better now after read your email. In fact, the airbnb support never mentioned to me this is their one of the product and they could not provide any payoneer transaction detail for me to check with payoneer. I was contacted payoneer and they need my account detail but I never register before. How to provide them the information for them for further checking? 

@Linda59 - Airbnb does not own Payoneer. Payoneer is a third party organization, not something owned by Airbnb.  Airbnb uses their services to transfer funds to several countries where other funds transfers are not available.  

Payoneer, an Internet-based payment company, and BorderFree, an e-commerce company owned by Pitney Bowes. Payoneer was founded in 2005 with $2 million in seed funding from then-CEO Yuval Tal and other private investors. Israeli venture capitalist firm Greylock Partners[2] provided an additional $4 million in funding in 2007.[8] I

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payoneer

@Alice-and-Jeff0

@Helga0

Morning, thanks for yours kindness and information. i just managed checked with payoneer and confirmed that my airbnb account was hacked and the payment was goes to another person (his name is Mohd Sadrul Amri Bin Ismail). Payoneer told me that anyone can link their payoneer account to airbnb. In this cases, I was using my own local bank as default payout payment for many years and suddenly payout system change the default payout account to payoneer debit card and i dint received any changing payout preference update email from Airbnb. Would like to put a highlight here is I DINT SIGN UP ANY PAYONEER ACCOUNT FOR MY HOMESTAY. Please pay more alert about this matter. 

@Linda59 

The exact same thing had happened to me!

Do you recommend reaching out to Payoneer? Did you call them? 

Did you receive your money back? 

If your Airbnb account was hacked, you need to contact Airbnb.  Helga and I are other hosts here on the site helping other hosts like you.  

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/501/how-can-i-keep-my-account-secure

@Alice-and-Jeff0

Thank you so much. 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Alice-and-Jeff0, thank you for clarification. The marketing here was made like it was a company card, even the newspaper articles called it the airbnb card. 

@Linda59, so sorry for you and sorry to have given you false information.

I hope you got in touch with airbnb customer service in the meantime, to get your account back fully. Set up a double security, that you get a mail, whenever someone changes something on your account. There is also a list of browsers, used to address your account before. Look up the list deom time to time to know if someone else gets access. If you always use the same computer(s), the list is short and easy to check. 

Keep us posted how if goes and if you can recover  one or all of the transactions sent to the hacker. 

Good luck. 

Unfortunately the exact same thing has happened to me. Airbnb is refusing to give me details regarding where the payout was forwarded to and who is listed on this PAYONEER debit card account. This is very unfortunate and i have lost a lot of money. 

Linda , I would love to hear how this turned out for you.