** HOW TO SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO EVERY HOST ON COMMUNITY CENTER**

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

** HOW TO SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO EVERY HOST ON COMMUNITY CENTER**

Aloha All Hosts...

Sending me an urgent HELP message on my listing is NOT how to contact me.... especially at 4:13 AM when I am suppose to be having nice dreams. I work extremely hard and need my few hours of sleep.  And No, Airbnb is NOT my only work. I also homeschool my 8th grader and work as a mediation lawyer.  And *gasp, I also make a gourmet breakfast every morning for my Airbnb guests which includes grinding Hawaiian beans for their freshly brewed coffee. (yes I do everything) hahahaha.  

I am still quite shocked it was a Superhost who did that knowing what time it was in Hawaii, AND KNOWING we have to respond to booking requests within a certain timeframe to maintain our Superhost status, but even after I finally woke up at 6:25am, and replied back to her URGENT request for help....(not a booking), and HELPED HER, I also explained to her that she should use the Community Center to send host a private messages, giving step by step instructions, she proceeds to write me another 15 more messages which had me thinking I was getting a new "notification" on my Airbnb listing from a potential traveler for the next 4 hours.  WOW, talk about frustrating. I specifically told her to stop writing me on her booking requests and contact me by my private phone number (Yes I was able to give it her in the message board without a booking because I know how......LOL) because I didn't want to hear the PING noise over and over interuppting my work to check and see if it was a new booking request or a current guests contacting me.  How does she respond?  She continues to message me.  uuuugggggg (this host also knows how to reach me via Instagram, so imagine my frustration taken to a whole new level that morning).  And YES, I have already helped her a few times on private messaging through Instagram. (she found me there FIRST 2 months ago)

So I am asking everyone to please LEARN HOW to  contact a host via the Community Center private messaging by following the simple steps here.....AND for the love of God, please don't send a booking requests at 5am either, as we should be getting our much needed rest!  Superhost are evaulated by their QUICK response time and sadly, THIS HOST who wrote me is a Superhost who clearly forgot that.  And yes, she finally apologized to me, but then later, took a major attitude with me when I was "educating" her on why she shouldn't reach out to anyone at that hour if they are a Superhost.  It takes 2 seconds to check the timezone for any host. 

1.  MOST IMPORTANT...make sure you are logged into your ABB account.  You can't click on any hosts profile face to get the features if you are not logged in.

2.  After logging in, proceed to move your mouse or finger in my case,  over the host face, which opens up a box with 2, not 1, but 2 FEATURES.  

a.  Feature one is - SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE

b.  See host profile

3.  If you want to send a private message, you click on that option, a box will open up in the shape of an envelope which is actually an email going to that host email.  Once you post a subject matter, write a message and click on SEND.  I have done it 6 times today already. hahahaha.

4.  Host will receive that message when they check their emails and can respond accordinglying by clicking on REPLY. 

Hopefully I have helped at least 2,782 hosts with this post.  But I will settle for 1.   

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

15 Replies 15
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I am the one!!  :)))

@Annette33

Guten Tag Mein Freund... LOL.....you are STILL making me laugh today.  Good to know that I have helped you....as my ONE, dare I hope there will be ONE more host before tomorrow that will be helped? haha -  Vielen Danke for the private message...shouldve known you went to law school too. LOL.....I can't wait to make you one of my "Momi Marveous Mango Margarita" in my new margarita glasses from Airbnb....did you see the photo?  Beautiful huh?  I'm still quite blown away by the love letters I received from each team member.  What a great crew they have working to help support all of us hosts.  Ich werde fur sie auf Facebook schauen.  Yikes, my german writing is a bit off huh?  My speaking ability is much better, I promise.  haha.  Hurry up and send me a booking request to visit me in Honolulu.....I will gladly accept you in 2 seconds flat even if I am sleeping.  LOL 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

Well, I've tried my phone and my laptop and I still can't get the "private messsage" box to pop up.  I've searched other threads and will keep trying but did want you to know that I appreciated your taking the time to write up the message and the other ones I've read in the forum. 

hi @Peggy-And-Mike0 , I think it works: just make sure you're signed into your community account/profile here, otherwise the "send message" button will not show up. Once i'm  signed in, under your profile pic I see two buttons: the left one says "send private message", the right one says "airbnb profile". 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annette33 @Momi0

Hi Annette, I did post an answer for @Peggy-And-Mike0's query on another thread, but I just want to put in another point!

If you do want to send a private message through a hosts profile on the Community forum keep it brief! A couple of times my message would not send because I had gone over the alloted 1,000 characters or whatever the allowed amount is. It simply says your message could not be sent....end of story.....and you have wasted all that time and eloquent ability! 

So just remember....particularly you Momi who (like me) will never use ten words in a sentence where you can possibly get away with fifteen.....keep it brief!

Cheers.....Rob

@Annette33 @Peggy-And-Mike0  were you able to figure out how to send a private message.  Read the steps I have written out at the top of this post and you will be good to go 🙂

My dearest @Robin4

I don't know if I should be grateful to be mentioned (that's 11 words). LOL

OR insulted that you would use the word "NEVER" to describe my writing?!? 

Either way, you are still wrong.  But still sending you lots of Love from Hawai'i 🙂

Aloha, Momi

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Annette33 @Momi0

Hi Annette, probably a point I should clarify, @Momi0 and I are a pair of the longest term contributors to the forum, we go back a long way. She has stuck up for me in the past and I have for her. There was a time when we both threatened to quit the forum over one prickly issue....but we are still here!

She's a great host and because we have had a raport over a long time I tend to make fun of her times just as I expect her to do the same with me. We are mates, and want to show the forum that we appreciate each others humour! 

I hope she doesn't get upset by some my attempts at humour just as I would not be upset if she does the same to me.

Other may see it as me having a dig at her but it's just the opposite, I am simply giving my hand of friendship to her!

There is just not enough humour in the world at the moment....particularly with certain political appointees...yeah I know!!

Hope all is well over there in Arizona!!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4  As we say in Hawaii.....Mahalo.  I find this post to be leaning more on the scales of positivity !!!  :))

@Annette33  hope this message find you doing well.  Happy New Year 2107

@Peggy-And-Mike0  If you are interested in joining an amazing group of hosts, (our own support team that is away from this CC), pls let me know.  Its a small group, but a fantastic mixed group from around world, filled with LOVE, HAPPINESS and definitely many many LAUGHS! We are there for each other on a daily basis....and I absolutely love being a part of it. 

Aloha, Momi

@Momi0, Yes I would love to learn about the forum you discussed.  We are still very new to this but I've spent HOURS reading the forum and gleaning info and getting some good tips. Thank you for the offer!  BTW, as @Robin and I discussed on the other thread, the "send private message" only works if the other host has been in the CC forum.  The two hosts I wanted to reach had not, but I was able to find a way, and Mike and I met with the hosts of another property near us yesterday!  Like you, I want to be able to help guests find a good match so if I'm booked or they want something I can't provide, I want to recommend another place with confidence, which I only feel comfortable doing if I've seen it myself.  So, we toured each others properties at my suggestion.  Not only is it nice to have someone to talk to about things (we collaborated on when and how to charge for use of kayaks, for example) I read on the forum that looking at another host as "competition" is the wrong way to view it and I agree.  

Yes, contacting the host this way only works if the host has been in the CC forum.  I have wanted to contact a few hosts over the years and none of them were contactable this way.  Please correct me if I'm missing something.

same here peggy,  don't see private message anywhere 

Mark1303
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Hi,

I'm a relatively new host and I'd like to contact another host who has a property near-by - I'd like to know if they have a cleaner they would recommend. I can't find them in the CC forum. Is it considered inappropriate to contact them via their property listing? I'm assuming they would receive it as an inquiry to rent (I can't send the message without selecting dates), only to find it's me asking them about a cleaner 😐

Just curious what the etiquette is.

Thanks! 

I also wanted to contact a host. My husband and I are new and want tips. We own our house and have it listed on Airbnb. We thought about renting an apartment that us and our dog can go to while hosting our house for more nights. What have others done? Any ideas would be appreciated! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

have a look at the guides and tutorials on this forum for new hosts @Layne65