Hacked account

Hacked account

Hi, I think someone has hacked my account, I have been set up as a host for a London property when I live in Manchester and don't own any other property. How do I get this removed as I do not wish to be a host

140 Replies 140
Jazzmane0
Level 1
Cary, NC

My account was just hacked. I was lucky enough to catch it right after it was done. I’ve changed everything. I saw where my computer was accessed by computers in China. I wish I could close my Airbnb account. This is ridiculous!

Courtney105
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

This has just happened to me too! Someone made my apartment available when it is not. I cannot see my hosting page online & a Chinese person has "accepted my invitation to be a host", but I NEVER sent this! What do I do!!!???

Danielle341
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Still happening, just got a notification that my email address had changed on the site, changed it back to mine and changed password but after checking my log in activity it seems that various people from China have had access to my account for months! There was no warning from AirBnb. If the site simply offered two-factor authentication then maybe this wouldn't happen! 

Gary-C-0
Level 1
New York, NY

I also was one of many hacked early this morning from someone in China as well. They made three reservation charges under my paypal info and had my email changed. It’s really a sad case that Air B&B security isn’t well secured as it was that easy to access my account and make these bogus charges. They do need to upgrade their security access with a two-step verification process for someone trying to compromise your account. I will attempt to call them and hopefully it’s not a long wait. This is absolutely ridiculous and puts a negative rep on the company!

Yes , we need more system of protection from such hacks . Happened to my account last year , and they took my payment . Somehow airbnb replace some of it maybe around 75% , I forgot . Well , still they need to improve their security system . And also we cannot communicate thru email , the only way is phone call to their office , you might need to wait like 10minutes for an answer, but afterwards they will handle your case . Just make efforts to place a call , and they will handle your case . I only wish there is a simpler way to communicate with airbnb . Thanks

George550
Level 2
Strovolos, Cyprus

My account was just hacked as well, they changed my email and I've been charged for a room in London, these issues apparently are only resolved via a team that will email you at some point in time... this is the sort of online protection that airbnb offers, you can barely find a phone number and when you do some... department will email you... in the meantime I have to put up with this...