Hacked account

Hacked account

Hi, I think someone has hacked my account, I have been set up as a host for a London property when I live in Manchester and don't own any other property. How do I get this removed as I do not wish to be a host

140 Replies 140
Andrew206
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Good Morning,

I have had this happen to me within the last few days.

I got a call from someone claiming to be your staff. I have requested a full refund.

Would you please be able to flag this for me?

kind regards

Andy

Ron17
Level 1
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates

Lizzie, the same thing happend to me just now. I have been charged money for a room in China! I have no desire to ever go to China and never made this booking. No one is helping 😞 

I'm in the middle of this right now. I got a bunch of messages from AirBnb in Chinese so I logged into my account (I'm not a frequent user and I only use Airbnb for occasional traveling) and found a message from a gentleman who apparently has booked with me... I don't own any property, I'm not a host! Tried messaging the person, no response. Then I look and someone has done a payout of over $2,000 and there is a checking account NOT MINE linked to my account. I have no idea how this happened. I sent a message to Airbnb, changed my password. I checked my login history and there are logins from China and then from a phone in AR and the MD where the property I supposedly own is. Phone support told me they are opening a case. 

Someone is hacking into accounts to scam people. I feel bad for the person who thought they were going to have a place to stay.

Someone booked a place in China on my account as well- my login hostory shows that someone logged into my account in China on May 1st (my birthday, good grief). I'm in North Carolina with no thoughts of China.

Ron17
Level 1
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates

Just happened to me! I have been charged $407 for a place in China! What did you do to resolve??

Hi

Please help me , I think my account is hacked and I am listed as a host for  property in China whereas I live in USA. I do see that People have started pinging me about booking and some of the booking have been accepted.

I am trying to cancel my account in Airbnb but its really frustrating that Airbnb does not have a number to call to and sort such issues.

Tanmay

I am having the exact same issue. The property I do NOT own is in China. Any outgoing message I send to anyone is going out in Chinese even though I type in English. Numerous people are reaching out to me to book this place because apparently it's a steal at $32 per night!! How do I get this resolved? Any advice?! I contacted Airbnb last night but nothing back yet.

My account was also hacked from China. Who can I contact to get my email address back? 

Same here - Beijing. 

How do I contact the support team?  I have the same problem.

Ulla0
Level 1
Nice, France

My phone got stolen a few weeks ago I had the appliaction airbnb on it and now I have somebody pretending to me and wanting to book a vacation for me

What do I do HELP????????

Christy11
Level 1
New York, NY

My account was recently hacked by someone in Hong Kong and it looked like they were trying to list a place under my info.  I already changed my account password, but can not find a way to delete the listing that the hacker already started to create.  Please let me know if there are any other steps that need to be taken.

Thank you,
Christy

Hi Christy, Im having the same issue right now. How did you resolve this? im trying to contact airbnb by phone and no one answers.

Branddy0
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

This just happened to me as well. I don't have any listings on Airbnb and someone just sent me a request to stay at my place in China. I found the listing and it's completely bogus!! I replied back to her directly from Airbnb's website lettinng her know I think I was hacked but when I hit send it accepted her request. I'm seriously considering deleteing my Airbnb account!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I am sorry to hear your worry here. As the CC is for community discussion, it is not managed by any of the Support Team, therefore I would recommend you contact the Support Team directly about this. To do this in the Community Help board here in the CC you will find a set of Community Help Guides (created by hosts here in the CC) which includes a guide on how to get in contact.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.