Had to kick out a guest for having a large party in my house and he was allowed to leave a reivew

Jen-And-Mike0
Level 2
Plympton, MA

Had to kick out a guest for having a large party in my house and he was allowed to leave a reivew

I do not understand why airbnb would let a guest that they also asked to leave and was in clear violation of my house rules then leave me a review?  I was a super host prior and receive all 5 star ratings.  The situation was 3 hours after check in  I drove by (self check-in) to find 15 cars  or  so in yard across my lawn (reservation for 7 people) and more arriving at my house.  The guests didn't have luggage and left willingly after I discussed that parties were not allowed at the home.   I spoke to the guests with the reservation only by phone as he wasn't there and never came back. I called airbnb support and was told that This was in violation of my house rules and they would cancel the reservation.  I was told no review could be left.  I was even willing told not to reimburse the guest by airbnb.  I was told by airbnb support that they would cancel and not reimburse him so they took his fee yet still let him leave a bad review for me?  This hurts my business and I do not understand why they would not support their hosts better especially when it is out of the norm as this has never happened in my 2 years hosting with multiple homes.  This needs a policy change and hosts need better support!

1 Reply 1
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Jen-And-Mike0    Unfortunately I had a similar situation where I had Airbnb terminate a stay 3 hours in due to breaking a house rule. That person was also allowed to leave a review (but thankfully he did not!)

I'd make sure to leave a professional response to his review and make sure you mention the stay being terminated  and why (so other guests will then understand why they left a retaliatory review). 

Airbnb allows any guest to leave a review if they've checked in and spent time at the rental to allow them to share their experience. I know it does not make sense for a guest who was asked to leave - but I don't think they will change that.