Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hi Everyone, 

We have a home in Norfolk, VA located in the East Beach area. We would love to connect with other hosts in the area to create a community and add more communication between our specific group of hosts. We know that where we are is challenging with the navy bases along with the college community that take advantage of our homes so being able to support one another would be great! Please send a message and we would love to chat with all of you!

36 Replies 36
Chuck42
Level 2
Norfolk, VA

Hello Michael and Francisco in East Beach!

Happy to find you gents here on the Airbnb community forum. My first time here...

My home is 5 minutes from you... just off Shore Drive on Heutte. You may have even seen my home driving down Shore looking over Lake Whitehurst... It's the mid-century modern property just across from ORF. I'm here with my pup Charlotte -- a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel -- and have been digging Airbnb since November 2014. I've been a Superhost pretty much since then, sharing my two bedrooms fairly constantly, while also hosting the occasional wedding in the back yard here.

It would be fantastic if we could bring in other Norfolk hosts in this forum. I've met some Virginia Beach hosts in a group that gathers when City Council in both VB and Norfolk gather to try to bring us down... As you know, Va. Beach has instituted some strict guidelines... I went to the Norfolk City Council meeting last fall at the library down Ocean View and actually spoke... Fortunately, while they were tossing around some horrendous, random potential rules to shut us down (thanks to their pockets being lined with hotel association $$$), as you know, they have yet to actually pass anything to "put us in our place."

Please feel free to reach out to me -- along with any other Hampton Roads hosts -- so that we can share and hopefully get to know one another. i'm not allowed to share email here apparently, so hope to heart from you HERE.

cheers!

=Chuck=

Michael & Francisco

Hi.  We are also enjoying the airbnb experience here in Norfolk.  Thank you for going to those meetings, Chuck!  We have friends on your street.  This is our first year hosting and it's been a lot of fun.  We would like to figure out what we should be doing to collect and pay taxes and are confused about how to go about it.  Advice?  My husband has stayed in N.C. for work and the taxes are collected by Airbnb.  I wish they would do that here so I don't have to figure it out.  Any thoughts?  Also, should we register now or wait til the new year?  What do you think of the recent legislation?  

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I have recently started a new cleaning business and am now networking and wanted to reach out. My name is Isaki, and I am the owner of VA Premier Cleaning. I provide house cleaning services in the Hampton Roads and surrounding areas. I am licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. All of my cleanings are thorough, detail oriented, and the quality is consistent. If you or anyone you know is looking for a new house cleaner or would like to get a new estimate, I would love to speak with you to come up with a customized cleaning plan to fit your lifestyle and budget.

My Services Include but not limited to : Standard cleanings, deep cleanings, move in/move out, partial cleanings, turnovers, and customized cleaning plans to fit your needs.

If you all have any further questions my contact information is listed below.

[Personal information hidden for safety reasons]

Hello Isaki. Please email me at *.  I am looking for a cleaning service for my house in Oceanview. 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Isaki,

What are your rates?  I am interested!  My home is in East Ocean View

Hello Lsaki, I am interested in learning more.  Where is your website? Please also email me at *sensitive information hidden*

Thanks,

Shannon

Isaki,

are you still looking for houses to clean?

Hello Michael,

If you are looking for a cleaner, we would be happy to assist.

*sensitive information hidden*

We LOVE East Beach!  

Hello Hampton Roads Host

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  I recently bought a house in Buckroe Beach Hampton.  My friend is a Host in norfolk, she cannot recommend Airbnb enough.... that said, I clicked on her link, uploaded a listing all without having created an account.  

The first people who wanted to rent the rooms had 3 kids, 11, 3 and an infant.  The spare rooms are upstairs... I have not been sent anything regarding insurance.

Does anyone know how we can communicate with Airbnb legal? 

I would love to make the extra money and meet new people but I'm not looking to get sued and lose my home. 

Barbara 

Hi Barbara. I am in Hampton as well. The regulations in Hampton are so much different than VA Beach and Norfolk. It's aggravating like the tunnel is separating us by light years. 

Can anyone please tell me more about Norfolk trying to get me to get a permit to run Airbnb in my home? Is this allowed or is my leg being pulled. They told me I need an inspection from the fire marshal, fill out an application, zoning inspection/ permit, & then a whole business license! They only told me about this because I reached out bc I read they were passing a law in Norfolk for vacation rentals. Can any of you help me? Did any of you go through this too? 

Hi Alexis,

Were you able to figure this out? I have a question about the same thing. Which taxes do you have to pay?

We are working our way through the process.  There seems to be a discrepancy regarding the order of doing things, but the city was very quick to respond.  We’re grateful for that.  I’m trying to find the document that shows that we have liability protection.  Any ideas?