Handling writing reviews for guests who stay frequently.

Simone-And-Kevin0
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

Handling writing reviews for guests who stay frequently.

We have guests who come consistently for 2-5 times a month for a single night each time. Must we continue to write reviews each time to maintain our standing?

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Simone-And-Kevin0,

You don't have to continue writing reviews but I would recommend to continue writing reviews.  The more reviews you receive from guests, the more confident people will feel about booking your listing.  Also, by writing reviews, this helps the guest when they try to book at a new place and the host is trying to decide if they should approve or decline the guest.  If the guest shows by reviewing you time and again it shows that your place is good enough to return to.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

They are rarely reviewing us in return so it just seems so redunant and useless to keep writing a similar review for these folks 2-5 times each month. I just wish there was a way on this site to quickly check off a "same experience as last time" box 🙂

Hi @Simone-And-Kevin0,

I guess if they are not reviewing you any longer I guess I would not bother after a while.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Simone And Kevin, 

I have experienced the same situation and wondered the same thing. I review every guest every time. If they choose not to review, that is their perogative. Ultimately it's entirely up to the host.That said, I don't believe that the failure to leave a review negatively impacts a host's listing. 

Cheers, 
Ernie Thayer