Happy Global Community Engagement Day!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Happy Global Community Engagement Day!

Screenshot 2021-01-28 at 17.11.40.png

Hello everyone, 

Today we celebrate Global Community Engagement Day! 

We thought it would be a good opportunity to take the time to appreciate and thank each other for being here and sharing our experiences. It was lovely hearing all your wonderful stories during the Month of Celebration

I would like to ask what the best thing was that you've learned from the Community Center? Perhaps you even have a personal highlight that you'd like to share? 

My highlight would be that as soon as I got introduced to the CC slightly more than three years ago, I noticed how kind and supportive everyone was here (and still are!). All your comments made me feel very welcome right away which was very comforting.  

Having participated in some meet-ups was a great experience too as I got to see some of you! 

It truly is amazing to learn so many things about everyone and about hosting :-).

I look forward to hearing your stories! 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

10 Replies 10
Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Hi Quincy,

‘Happy Global Community Engagement Day!’

The cc is like ‘ Dial a friend to chat ? Where you can share anything big or small , a highlight or a dilemma . There are some ‘kick butt’ regulars that post here , offering their words of wisdom and even tongue n cheek humour! Not to forget you guys the CC moderators , super cool 😎 

So I have learned that amongst this global community of Airbnb , people just like to help👍🏾

‘Thanks for the question. @Quincy 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura2484!

You truly can share a lot of things here!

I'm sure that all the members here appreciate your kind words 😃 . Also, just out of curiosity, are there any particular posts that you really like in the community? 

Your home looks lovely btw! 😍

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nick @Liv do you have any highlights or something that you've learned from the CC? 😉

-----

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy I've learnt so much it's hard to choose just one thing, but what first came to mind is that I learnt @Robin4 is a natural at skateboarding 🏂

Also, @Laura2484 recently taught me that carpets need washing and I'm very thankful 😜

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Agree! That was a very cool pic from @Robin4! Reminds of when I did some skateboarding in the past 😎

-----

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

yes @Quincy I'm with @Liv on this one, it's so many of them although @Robin4 's skating is definitely way up on the list, along with @Jessica-and-Henry0's  brewing skills. But the best for me personally has to be getting to know that great bunch of people in the meet-ups a bit better @Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Melodie-And-John0  and I'm positive I'm forgetting a few.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Quincy I will use this chance to say thank you very much to @Dave-and-Deb0 you topic and guild are very helpful espacialy 3 years ago when many information is a bit hard to find.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is so great to hear @Nutth0! A lot of things have changed :-).

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Quincy @Nutth0 @Nick @Liv @Laura2484 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I've learnt we all learn from each other regardless of our different viewpoints.

I've also learnt that many of you share my interests of history and nature and each and everyone contributes in their own unique way.

All the best for 2021 and may we all continue to learn and accept each other for our unique identities.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Happy GCED to you as well @Quincy and everyone here!   I think the most useful things I've learned here are hosts the world around have many of the same challenges as I do no matter where they are hosting and they have some very creative ways of overcoming them that we all can learn from.  There are also lots of funny, passionate and caring folks here that I really enjoy chatting with often, you folks make my day better than it would be without you. 

Also, it would be wrong of me not to mention LIzzy's  Angels, Quincy, @Nick , @Liv@Katie8 , @Stephanie  and our entire mod squad both keep the peace here and often dive head first into and resolve issues we have with the Mothership that are in need of intervention.  Thats a very important detail that Airbnb hosts that don't come here don't get (their loss)!  Be well, JR