Happy Holidays.!! Belated.....Day 20.

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Happy Holidays.!! Belated.....Day 20.

Happy Holidays all......I signed up to post on the 20th. Last week my laptop went up and I just got it back today, the 22nd. I had everything saved since we were asked if we'd be interested in participating.  I opened wordpad, clicked open Airbnb Christmas.....and this is what appeared.?!  Thinking some may like to try this recipe I decided to leave it. You can also watch her on YouTube at the channel Garnerish.

Exie Mae Garner’s Sweet Potato Pudding
(actress Jennifer Garner's Grandmother)
Ingredients:
4 medium red sweet potatoes
3 cups milk
2 ½ cups sugar
3 tbsp Oleo or butter
Nutmeg
Allspice
Cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
1 bag of miniature marshmallows
.Directions:
1.) Peel and quarter sweet potatoes.
2.) Boil until tender and drain, then mash/beat with a beater.
3.) Add milk, sugar, butter, and spices to suit taste.
4.) Beat 3 eggs and add them in.
5.) Tip the pudding into a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
6.) Cook at 350 for about an hour, until nearly done.
7.) Turn the oven to broil. Spread marshmallows on top and put back in for about 2 minutes until browned.

Even tho 2020 turned out to be risky business, to say the least, I do believe this was my best yr., starting in June.  Even with all the cancellations in March and April, my summer was the best.  I do enjoy this "job", meeting people from all over, as well as those just a couple hrs away is so rewarding. All the kind words from my guests.  And a Holiday Greeting from a guest, who may have very well been my last in Feb. I look forward to many more yrs., many more kind guests, and the day when I can bake again for my guests, that I have dearly missed.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas or Kwanzaa.  And Hanukkah brought you 8 days of pure Joy.

So to you all, I wish you a Wonderful & prosperous 2021.

I leave you with my fave verison of...Christmas Time is Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iAaEH_dR_Y

9 Replies 9
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Wende2ooh sounds delish! Fingers crossed our kitchen remodel finishes before Christmas day. I would like to give this a go.

@Laura2592  She has more on her channel, along with some clips from Alias, I loved that show.  She has what she calls her...pretend cooking show, she just had Ina Garten on.  Fingers crossed the kitchen is good to go.!!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no, sorry to hear about your laptop @Wende2 - glad to hear it's fixed now. Haha I think it must be a sign - here in the Community we needed the recipe for a little festive spirit 😊

Interestingly I had quite a bit of potato pudding last year when I went to Jamaica - we even brought one home 😋

It's so lovely to hear your stories of hosting over the year - what are guests' favourite bakes? 

@Katie   Hi......oh Jamaica sounds lovely.!  I usually make vegan chocolate chip cookies, dog chocolate chips too using carob, as it's not harmful to dogs.  If they mention it's a special occasion I'll bake a small cake and decorate it. This is the very best cookie recipe I've come across..... http://www.planticize.com/recipes/the-ultimate-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies/

fancy cake decor.jpg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing, even the pups get treated like royalty at your place then @Wende2 👏  Mmm I love carob myself, but it's not widely available here in the UK sadly. 

Keen to try the cookie recipe, and that cake looks absolutely fantastic 😋 🍰

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

This @Wende2  sounds like a definite tryout!

@Cathie19   You should check this out https://www.youtube.com/c/Garnerish/videos, there may be others that interest you.  She doesn't post often but I like what she puts up.

Have a  wonderful Christmas, hope Santa treats you all well.!!

I am so pleased you joined us @Wende2 and shared your cooking tips and recipes. And how wonderful that you leave treats for doggies also. Your guests must love that. And thank you for sharing that clip. It is a beautiful version of Christmas Time Is Here - but the star of the show has to be the little dog. So adorable. 

Happy New Year!

Best wishes

Catherine

@Catherine-Powell Yes that dog is the sweetest.  I tell people since I use carob chips maybe their dog will share with them.  

Happy New Year to you and yours.!