Has anyone stopped receiving Booking alerts on their phone?

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Has anyone stopped receiving Booking alerts on their phone?

For the last few weeks, I've not received the usual text alert(s) on my iPhone from AirBnB when a guest books or submits an Inquiry. (To be clear, I formerly received *two* alerts for each event -- one a standard text message, the other the app-generated message.) On the other hand, I *am* still receiving all communications from guests.

I've reviewed and even re-entered all of my settings related to alerts, both on my laptop and on my phone. I've logged out and logged back in. I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled the app on my iPhone. Nothing helps.

I *do* still receive email notifications for Bookings and Inquiries. But without the texts and messages alerting me, that means I have to check my email constantly, which is a problem.

Has anyone else stopped receiving phone notifications?

8 Replies 8
Tueykay0
Level 10
Santa Monica, CA

@Dede0

I've had this happen to me twice. You need to call Airbnb customer service. They don't know you're not receiving texts because on your settings it's turned on. However, on their end, it's turned off.They need to reset system alerts on their end. 

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks. I'll do that. I'd filed it as a bug, but that rarely leads to anything.

Sharon686
Level 2
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom

How do we call Airbnb I don't even have a number for them? I'm in the UK? All their is is other hosts trying to help I've never seen any direct number to be able to contact Airbnb directly ?

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

An update (Sept 5 2018) -- I worked with a very helpful Support person off and on over a period of several days. He tried many resets (of varying levels) at his end and we tried everything we could think of at my end. We even created (and later cancelled, penalty free) several artificial bookings to test the notifications. Nothing helped, and he eventually just turned my case over to the developers, as this is a known issue that they're already working on. I was told not to expect any followup from the development team. (Probably for the best as I've many times stated my lack of confidence in their skills overall.)

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

One more update -- I lieu of receiving the text msg notifications from AirBnB, I switched my hosting email to a Gmail address and then, using tools at Zapier (zapier.com), constructed a small app/task there that reads my Gmail inbox every few minutes and sends me a standard SMS text if a new Booking Request, Pre-Approval Inquiry, or Instant Book has come in.

Sharon686
Level 2
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom

I've just had the same thing it's so frustrating! I've just lost a 7 day booking because they enquired on the day and I had no alert to the booking not even on email I may add! So unless I go into my Airbnb for dons reason I won't see any new enquiries or booking 

What's the point if we are not able to accept bookings because we aren't alerted to them?? This is soo important! 

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

It's now been at 8 months and I still don't receive Booking or Inquiry notifications from AirBnB on my phone. (I do get the emails, but that's not sufficient since I don't check email every 5 minutes.) I use a fairly simple workaround to ensure that I get timely notifications.

The workaround, which I mentioned earlier, makes use of Zapier.com. They're a free service that allows you to link together various small functions from their huge collection. You can get notified of bookings if you:

1) Set up a Gmail account and use that email for your listing contact address.

2) On Zapier.com, find the function that can connect to Gmail and search your Inbox.

3) Attach that to Zapier's SMS function.

4) Fill in the blanks and you're done. Zapier will search your Gmail inbox every few minutes and, if it detects an email from AirBnB with the typical subject line used by AirBnB for bookings, you'll get a text message from Zapier.

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Same here;  on Android at least,  I can star the notifications in email and they mostly show up.

Interestingly,  my old Nexus 7 displays them;  my new Pixel 3 does not.