Has anyone used the new Rule-Sets in the new Host Tools?

Has anyone used the new Rule-Sets in the new Host Tools?

So the new Host Tools includes Rule-Sets, which seems to give hosts a lot more flexibility with pricing and availability settings.

You can set custom discounts, length of stay rules, and check-in and check-out restrictions, and make them customized to specific dates on your calendar.

I know a lot of people have asked about being able to set days the people cannot check-in AND days that people cannot check-out.

And also to have custom check-in and check-out restrictions for specific dates/months.

The new Rule Sets seems to offer that. (Along with a lot more custom pricing and such.)

Has anyone tried setting them up yet?

Here is the help page on them: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2061/how-do-rule-sets-work

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 9.40.17 PM.png

19 Replies 19
Aogán0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

ps for some reason, I now can't tag people in posts any more, if I use the 'at' symbol I just get an error message and it automatically removes the tag...

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

But the $64k question - can I set a specific DATE when guests can't check in or out?  That's all I want, so that I don't have to block out the calendar completely just because I have to attend a wedding or a hospital appointment, when it would be fine to have a guest already in residence.

Yes, create a rule that doesn't allow check in or check out on the day of week the date falls on, then apply that rule to the date and set the date to available.

Bryan154
Level 2
Frederick, MD

Rule sets useless

I just set up a simple rule set to apply a 15% "winter" discount to February and it won't work. I have a weekly rate and a weekend rate and just wanted to apply a blanket discount to all rates for Feb. When I do the nightly rate goes red, and says you must enter a nightly rate, while "$149-$199" is clearly already in the box. Contacted Airbnb support and they said it doesn't work with mulitple pricings in the month. I do not believe this is how it is supposed to be but it seems like that's the message from support for now. 

Ryson0
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

Has anybody that uses the Rule Sets notice that on the website/computer the rule set prices are shown correctly on the calendar .  . however if you look at the price on the mobile app it only shows the base price you set. It doesn't show you the price AFTER the Rule Set is applied. So you could accidentally raise the price much higher than you would like thinking the price is incorrect on the app.