Has someone ever successfully challenged revoked superhost status?

Has someone ever successfully challenged revoked superhost status?

I had an erroneous cancellation, which I had removed, but now they are telling me I can't get my Superhost rejection overturned (I have to wait until the next evaluation period.  Is there a way to contest this decision?

Message thread below:

APRIL 11, 2019

Airbnb Support10:10 AM
Hi Thomas, here Airbnb Trip Department and hope this message finds you well.
Regarding your request, we already provided to waive the penalties. Now the process is still not closed and for this reason we need to wait to see if our action was update correctly into this process. So, 15 of April the process will be closed and I invite you to wait that date to see if you reach the Superhost status.

Have a good day

Airbnb Trip Department

Thomas10:30 AM
thanks for your reply. I'll look back on the 15th.
APRIL 17, 2019

Thomas6:12 AM
Hello, I see you took the cancellation off my record, so I do appreciate it. However, I still did not get my Superhost status reinstated. Can you look into it? Thanks

Airbnb Support6:46 AM
Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply. 
After checking your account, we can see that into your profile that reservation was recorded as cancelled by the system and now you have zero as number of cancellations.
On the other side, the eligibility for the month of the April count anyway that cancellation as host. This Airbnb anyway count as action did by the host, but after the platform waived the penalties. Now your account is again with zero cancellations and for the next eligibility for July you are allowed to be a Superhost.

Regards

Airbnb Trip Department

Thomas7:09 AM
Thanks for your reply, but this doesn't make sense. If the cancellation for April was erroneous, which it is, why is Superhost status not reinstated? You're telling me now that I have to wait until July?

Airbnb Support8:14 AM
Because each cancellation are recorded, then if there is the possibility to waive the penalties the reservation after change in cancelled by the sytem, but still the system has to recognize that reservation as not accepted. The reason why, during the eligibility of April your number of cancellation was 1, but only in the end of the eligibility that reservation can be result as cancelled by the system, that's why now you are with zero cancellations.
Yes Thomas, you have to wait the next eligibility to become a Superhost keeping these results.

Have a good day

Airbnb Trip Department

2 Replies 2
Mark1412
Level 5
Michigan, United States

Is it worth the effort? Is there any facts or figures that airbnb has issued that show being a super host will have a postive effect to your bottom line? Is being a super host anything more than a pat on the back or a tool used by airbnb to manage their hosts? I have looked for anything published by airbnb but I couldn't find anything. What percentage of guest perfer to book with a super host, how many of them even know about it? Are there any numbers to show the importance of this status?

If it has no effect on your bottom line, then let it go and wait till the next the next super host invite, if the lose of the little icon will cost you money, they by all means, fight it and hope you can get it preplaced.. I believe it will have little effect on your bottom line. I wonder if this is a fight worth taking on. 

I wonder if the super host icon  is like a gold star on a third graders paper.. it is nice but it doesn't help you get into college.

I'm not sure, but superhost will give you better search location in the list.

It seems so far the results are "mixed"

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Noticeable-Increase-in-Reservations-After-Reaching-Super...

https://www.airdna.co/blog/airbnb_superhost_status