Has this evened happened to you before?

Sosse1
Level 1
SF, CA

Has this evened happened to you before?

I just got back to my home and all the appliances, TVs, WiFi mesh network etc. were unplugged and the outlets were replaced with plastic socket protectors like a baby-proofed home. My last guest was here alone and there have been no children in any of the stays I’ve hosted. Any one have an idea why all the power sockets had plastic covers and all my things were unplugged? Has this happened to anyone else?

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Have you gotten in touch with the guest to ask? That's the first thing I'd do. If you're sure there was no baby or child, maybe it was some paranoid person who thought everything was potentially spying on them and that electricity leaks out of the sockets?

There are people who actually are convinced the earth is flat, and that it's some giant conspiracy we've all been fed for hundreds of years that it's spherical, you know.

@Sosse1

@Sarah977 I want to ask the guest but don’t  know how to approach it in a non-nosy way because it’s such a strange situation in the first place. My only guess is that the guest either hid the fact that there was a baby here or the paranoia theory...

There are no other signs of a child or baby here and the guest left food etc behind.

I don't see anything wrong with asking- it's your home that someone changed things around in, asking why isn't nosy, IMO. 

Something like "Hi XX, I'm struggling to figure out why all the appliances and electronics were unplugged and baby-proof covers found on all the outlets. I'm sure there must be some simple explanation, but I'm coming up empty- could you enlighten me?" 

It is possible that she had a baby there, like at crawling stage, and was just really good about cleaning up all the evidence except for forgetting to remove the covers and plug things back in.

Now you've really got my curiosity up, too. Please come back here if she answers and let us know.

@Sosse1

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Me too, desperate to find out why, just ask. If you feel you need a reason, ask if she wants all the protectors posted.

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Sosse1 

How very strange!  Tell her you saw that she left them and ask if she wants them back. And ?Why?  she was using them. 

We are all very curious for the answer.